Namm 2019 pickup news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namm 2019 pickup news

I thought this was interesting so wanted to share.

http://https://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2019-the-ruokangas-valvebucker-is-the-first-ever-tube-driven-electric-guitar-pickup

valvebucker-is-the-first-ever-tube-driven-electric-guitar-pickup
    Marketing twaddle!

Magnetic PUs are generators and don't require "drive".
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

We know guitarists love their tubes, but is integrating them at the very first stage in the signal chain one step too far?
      Oh... we would NEVER use a tube for the first stage, would we? Oh but wait...
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Well that was... Stupid. I'm sure they'll sell by the bazillions.

Jusrin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

More seriously, though...

A guitar doesn't care what the first stage amplifier is. We do, cuz of aesthetics, etc., but isn't this just moving the first two stages to the guitar instead?

Personally I still like a passive acoustic pickup plugged into an old tube amp, but hey, that's just me. So is this just a retrograde step in acouatic guitar amplification? "Hey, we have this awesome preamp for your acouatic that's five times biggwr than normal!"

Anyway, I'll quit ranting now. I'm just going to shake my head and walk away. $1200 option? Sorry, €1200?

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Anyone want to guess what the tube complement is? I'll take a shot: EF86 and ECC82.

Or the signal path? I wonder if it's EF86 common cathode -> ECC82 cathode follower -> passive tone RC stuff -> ECC82 cathode follower -> back to pedal board.

Comment

Ah, naubumium. Now the tube guitar makes sense.

This was in response to eastern European spam that has now been removed
              Last edited by dmartn149; 02-07-2019, 02:51 PM.
              Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Working...
              X