Marshall caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall caps

I cant find a 70s/80s Marshall schematic that shows 6 filter caps. I see that some of them did physically have 6 cans in there . Im talking about the 2203 models specifically .

All the scems I can find show 3 , 50/50 can caps

Did they come from the factory with 6 single 50uf filter caps ?? Or did they just not use half of them ?

Originally posted by Valvehead View Post
    I cant find a 70s/80s Marshall schematic that shows 6 filter caps. I see that some of them did physically have 6 cans in there . Im talking about the 2203 models specifically .

All the scems I can find show 3 , 50/50 can caps

Did they come from the factory with 6 single 50uf filter caps ?? Or did they just not use half of them ?
    Maybe cause your looking at the re-issue amps. Here's a 2203 but they're not 50uf
    https://el34world.com/charts/Schemat...ad_100watt.gif
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Well, a 50/50 can is two caps. So three dual cans is six caps right there.

The fact two caps live in the same can does not change the fact they are two separate caps.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i see 4 can caps...am i missing something? the 10uf are bias

the reason i ask is i just scored a 1980 JMP 2203. It has 6 can caps but i havent looked at it yet, and i didnt see a scem with 6 cans

Comment

http://www.amparchives.com/folder/751/

after looking through the photos...there are six " dual" 50/50 Daly can caps.....yes?
          Last edited by Valvehead; 01-18-2019, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Look at the schematic nosaj posted, the ones shown as 100uF might be made of two 50 halves paralleled. So 1 can for each 100uf shown.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

My '83 2204 has 3 2x50uF caps, one is jumpered to make a 100uF cap, and the others are used individually. I'm sure it was cheaper and less expensive to stock one cap versus two different ones.

Comment

Working...
              X