• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    Meesa Dumbis!
    I use to have one of those. A Subway Blues I think
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Under the power light it says:

120V - 60 Cycles - Input 100 Watts UL

Comment

Subway Blues?

I thought that was a Mesa model.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Picker View Post
          Under the power light it says:

120V - 60 Cycles - Input 100 Watts UL
          I tried doing a Google Image Search of that brand but man, they made a bunch of different stuff! Like everything!

Comment

I've searched for images for Univox, Lafayette, Airline, Silvertone, Harmony, Kent etc.......NOTHING!
            Come on guys, help me out.

Comment

Were there numerous no-name amps from that era?

Comment

If I had to guess I'd say it's a Valco - or whatever the name of the company was who made amps for everyone from Gibson to Danelectro to Lectrolab to National to Guild to Airline to etc...

They would contract out for anyone who put in a minimum order with specs. Lots of catalogs & dept stores would do tjis. Honestly, I think amsome internals shots would say a LOT. If you can't dismantle it safely ask a tech for help & take lots of good-quality pictures.

Justin
                "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                  If I had to guess I'd say it's a Valco - or whatever the name of the company was who made amps for everyone from Gibson to Danelectro to Lectrolab to National to Guild to Airline to etc...

They would contract out for anyone who put in a minimum order with specs. Lots of catalogs & dept stores would do tjis. Honestly, I think amsome internals shots would say a LOT. If you can't dismantle it safely ask a tech for help & take lots of good-quality pictures.

Justin
                  And back on the west coast it was Magnatone in the same fashion.
                  When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

My guess is it's an 'Airline' AKA Mongomery Wards. I had one that had similar knobs. No tremolo though.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      There are 3 tubes shown in the pics, but I don't see a 6BQ5 size.
                      I'd guess two 12AX7's and a 6V6.
                      The transformers almost match this guy's numbers from a wards-airline: http://www.tdpri.com/threads/wards-a...high-b.748336/

So I'd say it might match this schematic:
                      I would say G1 might have nailed it with the schematic he posted but no pictures of that model on the internet anywhere. Post #11 for schematic
                      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by John_H View Post
                        My guess is it's an 'Airline' AKA Mongomery Wards. I had one that had similar knobs. No tremolo though.
                        I agree it look's like a Ward's Arline. The tremolo knob is probably from a different amp; looks like a Gretsch. There are lots of Ward's Arline schematics in the Jack Darr book -- I'd have a look in there.
                        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Yes, there were lots of generic amps back then. Now all the mainstream makers have cheap lines of their own, and stores like Sears and Wards do not.

This is a super simple amp, three tubes, just volume, tone, and trem controls. I would open it up, take 15 minutes, and draw my own schematic from the circuit inside.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Probably a kit... is it all American parts? What type of pots? Pot codes?

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
                              There are lots of Ward's Arline schematics in the Jack Darr book -- I'd have a look in there.
                              see post #11
                              Originally posted by Enzo
                              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                                see post #11
                                I'm sure it's close enough to be useful for the amp in question, but it doesn't include the tremolo circuitry.
                                -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Working...
                                X