Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No name vintage amplifier

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,312/4
    Given: 2,679/0
    Quote Originally Posted by mozz View Post
    Doubt very much it was a kit.
    I dunno.?. There's no logo or name at all in the printed graphics. Did any publications of the era perhaps contract with Valco (or someone) with a back page ad offering DIY kits sort of like some did for Heathkit and other stuff? I'm not aware of this, but it seems plausible.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

"Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 191/1
    Given: 133/0
    Most likely a Valco, Danelectro, Silvertone or similiar. Heathkit i built in 78' was no copy of any production amp. I think they engineered 95% in house of what they sold. The amp probably had a badge on the grill cloth. Seeing the size of that power transformer i also now doubt it was a Danelectro.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Found this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g1wasright1.PNG 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	52067 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g1wasright2.PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	52068

This is an Airline model 62-9061 from 1967. Notice the position of the controls and jacks on the face plate, the components on the chassis and even the little slit vents in the chassis. It may not be an "Airline" but I'll bet it's a Valco made amp that is the same as this Airline model.

EDIT: Which means g1 called it straight away

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

"Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,607/23
    Given: 4,114/11
    See?
    lol on those pic titles Chuck, you know what they say about that broken clock.

Now where on earth did you dig up those pics? I feel my google-fu withering.
    With the layout of the jacks & knobs being different I agree it's probably Valco.

Just because they don't have tubes doesn't mean they don't have feelings! - glebert

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    I've seen some Alamo amps that look similar.

nosaj

Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by g1 View Post
    Now where on earth did you dig up those pics? I feel my google-fu withering.
    IIRC I just looked up an abbreviated version of the model number on the schematic you posted and then dug through the images. And I'm pretty sure Jazz has the all the google-fu locked up somewhere. He's usually the one to come through where all other fail with internet searches. It's actually astounding sometimes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,607/23
    Given: 4,114/11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    IIRC I just looked up an abbreviated version of the model number on the schematic you posted and then dug through the images.
    Now when I put in 9061, or with the 62 prefix, it came right up. Before when I was using 9061 or with the gvc prefix it wouldn't give me anything. Maybe it's been learning in the meantime.

Just because they don't have tubes doesn't mean they don't have feelings! - glebert

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by g1 View Post
    Now when I put in 9061, or with the 62 prefix, it came right up. Before when I was using 9061 or with the gvc prefix it wouldn't give me anything. Maybe it's been learning in the meantime.
    Nah...your the one learning

nosaj

Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,219/1
    Given: 945/1
    I blame the Russians for hosing up the internet.

“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

Thumbs Up/Down
    If you think *oogle doesn't "know" that two members at the same website looked for the same or similar things and then adjusted it's result criteria then you're kidding yourself. Giant, info crunching computers are working right now to understand everything they can about any market demographic they can. Including our wee corner of the web. Though we might get lower priority

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I blame the Russians for hosing up the internet.
    I hear they're building their own Internets maybe they can get Al Gore to help with the design.

nosaj

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,813/7
    Given: 0/0
    Gore gets a bum rap. He never claimed to have invented the internet. WHat he did do is sponsor the legislation that created the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gor...ion_technology

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Gore gets a bum rap. He never claimed to have invented the internet. WHat he did do is sponsor the legislation that created the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gor...ion_technology
    i like him a lot more than his wife and her PMRC. THe Dead Kennedy's sure didn't care for her.
    nosaj

Thread Information