No name vintage amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tboy View Post
    I'm sure it's close enough to be useful for the amp in question, but it doesn't include the tremolo circuitry.
    ?
    I think, it does.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      ?
      I think, it does.
      Of course you're right. I was confused; I thought he was referring to the diagram on tdpri.com. I see now that he attached the correct schematic locally in post #11.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

But this one goes to post #11.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks for the help. I don't feel like taking it apart again just for photos. It's running well and my laziness outweighs my curiosity.
          I will assume it is a kit amp and just use it. If it malfunctions, I'll open it up and shoot a few photos. Thanks, again.

Comment

Doubt very much it was a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
              Doubt very much it was a kit.
              I dunno.?. There's no logo or name at all in the printed graphics. Did any publications of the era perhaps contract with Valco (or someone) with a back page ad offering DIY kits sort of like some did for Heathkit and other stuff? I'm not aware of this, but it seems plausible.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Most likely a Valco, Danelectro, Silvertone or similiar. Heathkit i built in 78' was no copy of any production amp. I think they engineered 95% in house of what they sold. The amp probably had a badge on the grill cloth. Seeing the size of that power transformer i also now doubt it was a Danelectro.

Comment

Found this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	g1wasright1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	852800 Click image for larger version

Name:	g1wasright2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	852801

This is an Airline model 62-9061 from 1967. Notice the position of the controls and jacks on the face plate, the components on the chassis and even the little slit vents in the chassis. It may not be an "Airline" but I'll bet it's a Valco made amp that is the same as this Airline model.

EDIT: Which means g1 called it straight away

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

See?
                    lol on those pic titles Chuck, you know what they say about that broken clock.

Now where on earth did you dig up those pics? I feel my google-fu withering.
                    With the layout of the jacks & knobs being different I agree it's probably Valco.
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I've seen some Alamo amps that look similar.

nosaj
                      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                        Now where on earth did you dig up those pics? I feel my google-fu withering.
                        IIRC I just looked up an abbreviated version of the model number on the schematic you posted and then dug through the images. And I'm pretty sure Jazz has the all the google-fu locked up somewhere. He's usually the one to come through where all other fail with internet searches. It's actually astounding sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                          IIRC I just looked up an abbreviated version of the model number on the schematic you posted and then dug through the images.
                          Now when I put in 9061, or with the 62 prefix, it came right up. Before when I was using 9061 or with the gvc prefix it wouldn't give me anything. Maybe it's been learning in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                            Now when I put in 9061, or with the 62 prefix, it came right up. Before when I was using 9061 or with the gvc prefix it wouldn't give me anything. Maybe it's been learning in the meantime.
                            Nah...your the one learning

nosaj
                            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I blame the Russians for hosing up the internet.
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

If you think *oogle doesn't "know" that two members at the same website looked for the same or similar things and then adjusted it's result criteria then you're kidding yourself. Giant, info crunching computers are working right now to understand everything they can about any market demographic they can. Including our wee corner of the web. Though we might get lower priority

Comment

Working...
                                X