No announcement yet.

Need Help With A 1978 Peavey 400B Mark III Bass amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at the nichicon but i found they didnt have the ones i need. I need a bunch of 25uf / 25v and 2uf / 35v.

The closet i could find were 2.2uf /50v and 33uf /50v.

Are those good replacements?

- steve

Comment

Closest standard value for 25uf would be 22uF and for 2uf would be 2.2uf, and those would be fine. Voltage rating needs to be the same or higher.
      Last edited by The Dude; 01-22-2019, 11:56 PM.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Just a FYI because i hate when people ask for help and then never follow up.

I went ahead and replaced all leaky caps and the the 35v caps on the power amp. Funny think was all the 25v 25uf caps were bad wherever they were. Maybe the last guy just got a bad set of caps. I resoldered all sketchy inputs and cleaned all pots. It is running so much quieter now and my wife seems very pleased with it. I thought i got all the pots cleaned but after assembly i think 2 pots and 2 switches, comp and eq, might be shot. They cut out if wiggle but the connections are good. I am going to se i can find those replacement switches and fix them when i get new pots.

Question, now that its running fine should i go ahead and recap the rest of the caps on the board. I spent the money on the caps already.

Thanks for the help guys.

- steve

Comment

If you already have them yes, why not?
          No need to wait until they start visibly leaking in a couple years.

As usual, pamper the PCB, the only "component" which can not be bought anywhere and which in my book "is" the amplifier; anything else you can find at Mouser or equivalent.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
          X