Ampeg PT& OT .WHAT TO BUILD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg PT& OT .WHAT TO BUILD?

I have a 66 Ampeg gs12 R for parts.What can I build using a FW BRIDGE RECTIFIER? I VE BUILT AMPS B4. THANKS

Unless you are going to build a perfect Ampeg clone, you might be better off selling them. Any amp you build otherwise you can use any off the shelf tranny. People like me have a Ampeg cabinet and no chassis and would love to rebuild it.

Comment

Anytjing that'll take 2x7591s & 3 12AX7s. Unless yours was a 6V6 model. I'd actually restore it - they're great little amps. Had a beautiful 66 for years before selling it toca jazzer buddy.

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
        Anytjing that'll take 2x7591s & 3 12AX7s. Unless yours was a 6V6 model. I'd actually restore it - they're great little amps. Had a beautiful 66 for years before selling it toca jazzer buddy.

Justin
        Mine has 6V6S.Cant restore the board was burnt up but i salvaged the OT &PT.I m gonna build something like a 5E3.Thanks.Im go
        nna use a SS FW bridge rectifier. THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by mikhett View Post
          Mine has 6V6S.Cant restore the board was burnt up but i salvaged the OT &PT.I m gonna build something like a 5E3.Thanks.Im go
          nna use a SS FW bridge rectifier. THANKS
          If only the original PCB is burnt up, have the cabinet and chassis, you've a good candidate for a hand-wired Turret board, re-build the Ampeg circuit, and put the time in to do it right.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
            If only the original PCB is burnt up, have the cabinet and chassis, you've a good candidate for a hand-wired Turret board, re-build the Ampeg circuit, and put the time in to do it right.
            Who carries the ampeg gs-12 R turret board?? It aint as popular as a FENDER!

Comment

Likely no one.

The photo I see for the insides of that model just show an eyelet board with an evenly spaced row of eyelets along each long edge. No specific layout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ampeg5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	852824
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If you're interested, Hoffman Amplifiers will build custom eyelet boards. See the link towards the bottom of this page.

https://hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perl...R_ID=!ORDERID!
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  If you're interested, Hoffman Amplifiers will build custom eyelet boards. See the link towards the bottom of this page.

https://hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perl...R_ID=!ORDERID!
                  Second that. Does nice work.
                  The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Generic eyelet board will work. IF by chance it does have a PCB (shouldn't, but...) you can make a turret board& use wire to follow the traces. Stake a turret at every hole. Tough & comes with a sense of accomplishment.

Justin
                    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
                    X