Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newcomb D-10 conversion from HiFi Mono to guitar amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomb D-10 conversion from HiFi Mono to guitar amp?

I have a Newcomb D-10 that I want to mod into a guitar, bass, and/or harp amp.
    Does anyone have a schematic? The schematic on the bottom panel is damaged.

Also, any recommendations regarding things I'll need to change (aside from the obvious replacement of caps) in order to make a good instrument amp out of it?

It uses a 12AX7, a 6SC7, a 6AX5GT, and two 6v6GTs.

Is this a viable conversion?
    It has 6 different inputs, and it has both an 8 and 16 ohm output.

If you post to the antique radio forum, someone there might have a schematic. It appears in Sams photofact, i think 1956 is before the copyright fiasco so it should be able to be posted.

Comment

I found i actually have the Sams for this model. I can post it but need to make a flatbed scan on the old windows xp computer.

Comment

Honestly.. I always say this. But I would just use the iron and the chassis... MAYBE some pots if they aren’t shot. New ceramic tube sockets are $2 apiece. A new turret board and all new components won’t break the bank either. Could save you hours chasing wierd problems in the future. You can also cut some sheet metal for a new control front with the number of pots that you want in the place order you want.

Comment

Wow, finally got my old scanner to work on Win7, scanned at 300dpi so they are readable.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mtrGmBt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	852946

Name:	dv9uhiu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	852947

Name:	KwRBTlJ.jpg