LTSpice and power measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickb View Post
    To output the G2 dissipation in Spice the syntax for example a 5ms interval is

.MEAS TRANS POWER G2 INTEG (v(S)*Ix(U1:Screen))/0.005
    Thanks, that worked. I had to change the interval to be the same as the plot window (10mS). With 5mS it gave twice the value. The answer is the same as the previous plot (7.3W) but the coloured sim was ever so pretty

Click image for larger version

Name:	EL34 G2 Power.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	852900

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
      EL34 screen dissipation sim.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52215[/ATTACH]
      Interesting that the power curve looks very similar to the current curve.
      Last edited by Helmholtz; 01-29-2019, 01:28 PM.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Thanks, that worked. I had to change the interval to be the same as the plot window (10mS). With 5mS it gave twice the value. The answer is the same as the previous plot (7.3W) but the coloured sim was ever so pretty

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52223[/ATTACH]
        With that it should be easy to demonstrate that doubling the load impedance increases screen dissipation while plate dissipation and max. output power decrease.
        Last edited by Helmholtz; 01-29-2019, 02:24 PM.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52223[/ATTACH]

If you want some time interval other than the window you can use the TRIG and TARG modifiers to specify the internal. For example a 2mS interval would be

.MEAS TRANS POWERG2 INTEG (v(S)*Ix(U1:Screen))/2M TRIG TIME=1M TARG TIME=3M
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
            If you want some time interval other than the window you can use the TRIG and TARG modifiers to specify the internal. For example a 2mS interval would be

.MEAS TRANS POWERG2 INTEG (v(S)*Ix(U1:Screen))/2M TRIG TIME=1M TARG TIME=3M
            Thanks, I added it to the schematic but had to change 'TRANS' to 'TRAN' (or omit it as below) or it thought it was the measurement name and failed because 'two measurements can't have the same name'.

Syntax:
            MEAS PowerG2 INTEG (v(G2)*Ix(U1:Screen))/0.010
            MEAS PwrG2 INTEG (v(G2)*Ix(U1:Screen))/5M TRIG TIME=5M TARG TIME=10M

Result:
            powerg2: INTEG((v(g2)*ix(u1:screen))/0.010)=7.33422 FROM 0 TO 0.01
            pwrg2: INTEG((v(g2)*ix(u1:screen))/5m)=7.33401 FROM 0.005 TO 0.01

I'm sure to be scratching my head over the syntax when I come back to it in a few weeks time.

Comment

Yes, thanks. TRANS was a typo. I'm famous for them. I've contacted Berkley and asked them to change the syntax to match my typos so I don't look so dumb. In the meantime we'll just have to live with TRAN. I'm sure they won't take long. I've suggested a few new commands that we'll all love to have like

.SCHEM AUTO This draws the schematic that I have in my head
              .MODELFIX This fixes all the deficiencies in whatever library models you are using.
              .HCF Halt and catch fire. A more entertaining alternative to waiting hours for complex sim to complete.
              Last edited by nickb; 01-31-2019, 07:04 AM.
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Well, i needed to make a short break with this and hope I'll get back to it over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X