Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to mitigate hum and signal noise in an older home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
    That link sucks try this one
    nosaj
    That one sounds like 120Hz buzz to me.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Me too. It certainly isn't pure 60Hz.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Me too. It certainly isn't pure 60Hz.
        Ok is this one better?

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
          This user asks questions and then never follows up with any of it. Just leads a horsechase.
          nosaj
          Yeah, I thought if I put a sample of what a 60Hz hum sounded like that maybe the OP would see things differently. I laughed out loud when I returned to find all of the other contributions. I'll stick with the original 60Htz. There's some vintage amp mojo on that clip. You might remember the OP as MichaelScottPerkins, or something like that. He had a couple of 'epic' threads. His recording setup is a mac book, and an interface. It's one or the other. The cheap interface is probably no good.

Comment

Originally posted by John_H View Post
            Yeah, I thought if I put a sample of what a 60Hz hum sounded like that maybe the OP would see things differently. I laughed out loud when I returned to find all of the other contributions. I'll stick with the original 60Htz. There's some vintage amp mojo on that clip. You might remember the OP as MichaelScottPerkins, or something like that. He had a couple of 'epic' threads. His recording setup is a mac book, and an interface. It's one or the other. The cheap interface is probably no good.
            And they all end like this....no more responses from him.....He looses interest faster than a kid without an electronic device in his hands.

nosaj

Comment

I had a problem with electrical noise in my home. My home has the original panel which is almost 50 years old. The contacts on some of the breakers were worn. Under a heavy current draw
              they would spark. Replaced defective breakers and noise is gone. Something to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by ronh View Post
                I had a problem with electrical noise in my home. My home has the original panel which is almost 50 years old. The contacts on some of the breakers were worn. Under a heavy current draw
                they would spark. Replaced defective breakers and noise is gone. Something to look into.
                An AM radio could be used to see if noise gets worse when you get closer to the breaker box.
                nosaj

Comment

Turn of anything wireless. Cell phones, portable phone, WiFi on the computer. Turn off any fluorescent fixtures and trial dimmers. Try a ground lift adapter on your computer power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee
                    New Member, Please Explain?
                    Maricopa county, AZ says it all...

nosaj

Comment

Working...
                    X