How to repair hardwired connections on peavey kb100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair hardwired connections on peavey kb100

On the kb100 the wires are soldered into small metal tubes that are soldered to the circuit board. A wire has broken off and the other part is stuck in the tube where it connects to the circuit board. Does anyone know either how to get the wire out of the tube or how to remove the tube from the board? I removed the solder from the tube but it still won’t budge.

Those 'tubes' should not be removed from the board. You suck the solder out of it with a solder sucker. There is plenty of room in there that you don't really even need to remove the old wire bit. Just strip back a bit of insulation on the wire and solder it in there.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had success using the solder sucker on a previous one but on this one I’m not having any luck. Looks like they pinched it when the wire was originally installed. I’ll keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharaldsen View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had success using the solder sucker on a previous one but on this one I’m not having any luck. Looks like they pinched it when the wire was originally installed. I’ll keep at it.
        If that doesn't work strip back a bit of insulation and coil the wire around the tube then solder it.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Yeah, that may be my only option. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X