Wah - troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah - troubleshooting

Today I recall events that involved fixing a wah pedal. I'm wondering if there's a basic procedure to follow to fix one, e.g. Crybaby type and most common issues.

With an Ω meter I tested the pot - OK
    Replaced upgrading the transistors
    Measured sweep of pot - OK
    Swapped out two electrolytic caps as they seemed in the vicinity of problem - same/OK

So what next? I'm sure there's a lengthy topic on this but it doesn't show up on a search.

I did find:
    Measure across the inductor's 33K Ω The inductor has a low DC resistance--normally under 75 ohms. The 33k resistor is in parallel with the inductor, so the in-circuit resistance measured across it should be lower than the inductor's resistance. If you measure a high resistance here (around 100 ohms) then the inductor is probably open.

1.Positive (Red) at base and negative (Black) at emitter should give you a measurement of 0,45V to 0,75 V
    2.Positive (Red) at base and negative (Black) at collector should give you a measurement of 0,45V to 0,75 V
    3.Negative (Black) at base and positive (Red) at emitter should give you a measurement of 0 Volts
    4.Negative (Black) at base and positive (Red) at collector should give you a measurement of 0 Volts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guitarist; 01-31-2019, 02:48 AM.

What's the problem? Is the switch working?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes switch passes clean.
      LEDs work but only unchanging hum is heard during sweep.
      Last edited by Guitarist; 01-31-2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

And the model is Snarling Dogs Whine-O ?
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes, today it is. A rather cool pedal really but too big for me. It's a tad confusing...

thanks.

Comment

I don't think that schematic will get you anywhere.

Comment

Working...
            X