Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voltage rating on surplus NPO ceramic caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage rating on surplus NPO ceramic caps?

I found some nice NPO type ceramic caps going through a box of assorted values I acquired years ago. Unfortunately, not having purchased these, many of these don't have any voltage rating on them. I'll throw it out to you guys to see if anyone recognizes these and might be able to provide any info. Here are some of them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	NPO ceramic caps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	817.2 KB
ID:	874315

From the datasheet below, I think the one in the slide caliper might be rated for 1kV. What do you guys usually do in these situations?

KCK capacitor datasheet.pdf
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

nice datasheet find. KCK (AFAIK) is Mitsubishi Materials. I've seen seen "KCK" branded ceramics sold under Mallory brand.

re: the voltage rating (for the KCK caps) : the datasheet remarks that for 50V rated caps, there is an underscore ("_") under the cap value. It looks like there is one in your pic under the "62".

The other two I don't recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
      I found some nice NPO type ceramic caps going through a box of assorted values I acquired years ago. Unfortunately, not having purchased these, many of these don't have any voltage rating on them. I'll throw it out to you guys to see if anyone recognizes these and might be able to provide any info. Here are some of them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52327[/ATTACH]

From the datasheet below, I think the one in the slide caliper might be rated for 1kV. What do you guys usually do in these situations?

[ATTACH]52330[/ATTACH]
      Where in a circuit would you like to use them? Put one on a DC voltage supply starting at 50v for an hour then check for leakage, then move up the ladder until you hit the voltage you want to use or until you find the plateau. (you may kill a few in this fashion, but you'll possibly know what ranges you can use.

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by dai h. View Post
        re: the voltage rating (for the KCK caps) : the datasheet remarks that for 50V rated caps, there is an underscore ("_") under the cap value. It looks like there is one in your pic under the "62".
        Good eye! I must have missed that the first time through. Look like I won’t be using those for any plate to grid feedback then.
        50V.... bummer.
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X