Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 rare guitars...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg...798123835.html

sadly they are 48 Teisco's !! He wants $17.5k!

Click image for larger version

Name:	00L0L_6Ak0et8ISPz_1200x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	874318

Name:	00909_4oMQ5vtbA6S_1200x900.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	874319

Name:	00D0D_cgBFeYhZH8v_1200x900.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	874317

Name:	00f0f_3MTYTY987YE_1200x900.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	874320

Thats only $364.58 each!

Very cool!

But not $364.58 each cool

Most of those guitars sell on *bay for between $100 and $250. I guess having them all in one place at the same time is cool and I'll bet there are a couple of super rarities. Not being a Teisco collector I wouldn't know which ones or how special. I never payed much attention to the brand honestly. And for the obvious reason that they were never professional gear. Probably one of the more playable cheapies I suppose. They have a following. I wish him good luck (but I wouldn't count on it).
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I bought one years ago at a local pawn shop. It was cheep, weird, and in pristine condition with the original triangle case. It was absolutely unplayable and no amount of adjusting on my part would make it playable. I wish I had kept it though because now I would re-frett it. It was a 4 pup model like the one in the corner on photo #4 Those are fetching pretty good $ today.
      Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

I remember absolutely hating those things when they were new as a kid. They were cheap toys.

Comment

Huh? My experience is limited to a Del Ray that a friend owned. I remember it being quite playable (after I did a fret service and setup) and the tone was different, but useful (after I potted the pickups so they would stop squealing). First and foremost, the neck was straight. Well, other than exhibiting an appropriate tension dip (relief). The neck was strange feeling. narrow and a little short. But playable. The tone was a bit lower output, but woody and even without any woofy resonance or dead spots in the upper registers. I may have even recorded some stuff with it when this guy and myself worked together. Perhaps it was a good example then? I remember them being just about the best of the low end junk, basically. I did sort of think of it as a "toy" guitar. That vibe comes through loud and clear.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Well now look at that. A room full of guitar-shaped firewood.

Comment

Working...
            X