Old Marshall speaker P1003G0 on Jarguar amp? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Marshall speaker P1003G0 on Jarguar amp? Help

Hello guys, trying to figure out what i have here. It has been around for a while and the amp does not work, however i find it interesting that the speaker is a "Marshall loud speaker" 40W 8ohm
    The only numbers i can identify on the speaker itself are P 1003 GO / 8401014

Anyone has any information on these? How much are they worth ?

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by brunobliss; 02-09-2019, 01:21 PM.

Certainly not a Marshall made by Celestion speaker.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

you think it's a knock off? I can't find a single hint on this amp

UPDATE: found that Jarguar is a Korean based company Suhyoung Electronics & Industries Inc.
      UPDATE: the screw holes of the speaker don't match existing screw holes underneath, seems like this speaker was installed later on
      Last edited by brunobliss; 02-09-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I've never seen a Marshall logo like that before.
        Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

I think 840 is the EIA code for Ampex, but wonder if they would have made this speaker.

I can't imagine the amp or the speaker having much value, but I am wrong a lot.

Comment

The speaker has a logo graphic with K.E.I.I. indicated. I couldn't find a K.E.I.I. company other than Guangzhou Keii Electro Optics Technology Co., Ltd. which currently makes infrared scanners and detectors (And tre' bitchin infrared goggles ). Probably not associated.

It's not suggested that the speaker is a "knockoff" of anything. That suggests a copy. It was never associated with Marshall amplifiers in the first place and the name on the speaker may be incidental and coincidental. But it may also be an attempted association with a known popular brand. Which may, or may not be considered a knockoff I suppose. At any rate... Not a product associated with the famous Marshall amplifiers.

Here are a couple of amps from the same era. Made by GTC and also using K.E.I.I. "Marshall" speakers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Veg...p2047675.l2557

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...-0602-19413554
            Last edited by Chuck H; 02-09-2019, 04:39 PM.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

The speaker is cheapest of the cheap Asian.
              Amplifier, same thing.

$$$$ value? : zero. Considering it does not work and 1 hour bench service costs more than what it could possibly bring.

Now if you are a budding Tech and want to practice, itīs perfect.

Probably all parts are easily available, no original schematic anywhere but usually generic TDA2030 datasheet application or something similar and preamp "should" work in principle.

Probably dead chipamp and "mechanicals" (pots, jacks, switches, etc.) might need cleaning or, worst case, replacing.

You decide
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

thank you guys so much for the research ! super valuable information on an apparently valueless "thing"

gonna throw it to some amp enthusiast

cheers!
                Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                  The speaker has a logo graphic with K.E.I.I. indicated. I couldn't find a K.E.I.I. company other than Guangzhou Keii Electro Optics Technology Co., Ltd. which currently makes infrared scanners and detectors (And tre' bitchin infrared goggles ). Probably not associated.
                  There is a KEI Industries based out of India that is in the music electronics industry.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well, whatever it was, it's trash now. Got home one day and my cats had completely ripped that speaker with their claws.

RIP piece of trash

Comment

Originally posted by brunobliss View Post
                      Well, whatever it was, it's trash now. Got home one day and my cats had completely ripped that speaker with their claws.
                      Everybody's a critic now - including the cats. MEE-YOWWWW!!! Lemme show ya what I think of that!
                      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

The *letters* M-A-R-S-H-A-L-L by themselves mean little or nothing.

One of the oldest and most respected fridge and freezer brands in Argentina is:

in the 70īs and 80īs when Marshall amps were absolutely unavailable in Argentina (unless brought in personally as luggage and paying horrendous Tax), it was a common scam to find cheesy cheap local brand baffles labelled with a logo pulled from a fridge and sold as the real thing.

Like PT Barnum said "every day a new one is born" ... a few bought them
                        Same way as some lose money to Nigerian scammers.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                          The *letters* M-A-R-S-H-A-L-L by themselves mean little or nothing.

One of the oldest and most respected fridge and freezer brands in Argentina is:
                          in the 70īs and 80īs when Marshall amps were absolutely unavailable in Argentina (unless brought in personally as luggage and paying horrendous Tax), it was a common scam to find cheesy cheap local brand baffles labelled with a logo pulled from a fridge and sold as the real thing.

Like PT Barnum said "every day a new one is born" ... a few bought them
                          Same way as some lose money to Nigerian scammers.
                          Wow that is both hilarious and incredible thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by brunobliss View Post
                            Wow that is both hilarious and incredible thanks for sharing
                            Whatīs even funnier and more incredible is that very early Marshall DID use so called "Block Logo" (before the current iconic script type) so the "Fridge Logo" is not as out of place as it looks on first sight:

1964 JTM45:

Here typical conman/seller speech was: "selling old amplifier/cabinet found in my Grandpaīs estate, I have no clue but label says something like M.a.r.s.h.a.i.l , he used to play guitar"
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                            X