noob ques. does ceramic=ferrite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob ques. does ceramic=ferrite?

I'm new to winding, haven't wound anything yet, and have been looking around for magnets and other parts etc. and was wanting to wind a ferrite magnet pickup eventually...ceramic magnets have ferrite (whatever that is) in them and some winder guys mention ceramic magnets in old pickups from Silvertones et al. from decades ago, so I wondered if they were both the same. I can't seem to find an answer.

Originally posted by air_bouquet View Post
    I'm new to winding, haven't wound anything yet, and have been looking around for magnets and other parts etc. and was wanting to wind a ferrite magnet pickup eventually...ceramic magnets have ferrite (whatever that is) in them and some winder guys mention ceramic magnets in old pickups from Silvertones et al. from decades ago, so I wondered if they were both the same. I can't seem to find an answer.
    Not sure if this was the question. But ferrite and ceramic magnets mean the same thing. Ferrites are magnetic metal oxides. And ceramic magnets are composed of powdered and sintered ferrites + binder.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Thank you yes that was the question.

Comment

Working...
      X