Looking for maker of this amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for maker of this amp

Hello. New member and poster here. A few of us are having a discussion on what these amps are. They appear to be practice amps, with what looks like sliders instead of potentiometers, or a combination of the two. There also seems to be a 45 in the middle of the upper section, where the sliders are. Most assume they are practice amps. Those also appear to be Peterson Strobe tuners on top, and not part of the amps themselves.

This picture was taken in the dressing room of the band Kansas, around mid 1970s. That's Kerry Livgren's guitar in the left side of the pic. We've been able to contact Rich Williams and he doesn't remember the amps. We all get old, I guess.

There is no prize for the answer, but we would be eternally thankful, because several of us have been trying to find the maker for several days now. Like I said, Rich doesn't remember and we have word to Kerry, but don't think he will reply. He probably doesn't want to say he doesn't remember, either.

Well, damn. I guess new posters can't attach pics? I'll still post this as maybe the description I've included will trigger someone's memory. It's not that common of an amp, from what I can tell. It's not very large, maybe slightly more than 15 inches by 15 inches, and the grill looks like black cloth. There is a logo in the lower right of the grill, in retangal shape, but the pic is of such terrible quality, zooming in isn't really possible.

I could maybe post a link, but I assume I can't do that, either, being a newbie here. So, this might not be such a good idea after all unless my description does trigger someone's memory. And if it doesn't...sorry for the intrusion.

I'm a big Kansas fan. Hopefully we can get this figured out. I'd love to see the picture.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

There’s more than one way to Egypt. PM the picture to the Dude. Dude post it to the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
        There’s more than one way to Egypt. PM the picture to the Dude. Dude post it to the thread.
        I don't seem to have access to PMs. If I do, I don't know where to find it. Everything seems to tell me I don't have access to that page. I wonder how many posts I'd have to write, before I could do some of this fancy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          I'm a big Kansas fan. Hopefully we can get this figured out. I'd love to see the picture.
          The pics are on the facebook page Kansas (band). Rick Yon is the admin. I don't think you need to be a member to see the pics, but of course, to post, you'd need to join. You could tell him you know the make of the amp and I'm sure he would quickly allow you to join. LOL.

There is more than one Kansas page on Facebook. Be sure you go to the one named "Kansas (band)". That's where the pics and the discussion is going on. Thanks, if you can help us out.

Comment

Here are the photos from the Facebook group:

Click image for larger version

Name:	51874736_2530624256954420_6710448575328813056_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	853049

Name:	51666613_2530797870270392_2815068157327179776_n.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	853050

Comment

COOL! Thanks for the assist.

Comment

I recognize the Kahlua bottles... probably doesn't help with the amp
                If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Early Mesa Boogie?

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                    Early Mesa Boogie?
                    We thought of that, but Mesa puts their logos in upper right corner or center.

Comment

Carlsbro?
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://reverb.com/uk/item/5024469-s...state-amp-1975

Comment

Adding image grabbed from reverb in case the reverb info goes away

Name:	See Moon 45.jpg
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	853057

See here http://www.adaamps.com/History.htm

"Seamoon Ltd. was established in Berkeley in 1973, when Craig Anderton, who later gained fame for his articles and columns in Guitar Player magazine..."
                          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks to everybody who looked, and tried to figure out the mystery. It was really appreciated.

Comment

Glad you figured it out, but I have to ask. How did you find it?
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                              X