JC120 power switch rush repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC120 power switch rush repair

Hello! Someone brought in their JC120 in a bit of a bad situation because the power switch is unusable. It needs replacement. I don’t have any DPDT switches on hand but I do have some nice carling SPST switches. I know it’s possible to cut the other polarity and just wire it in as off-on as opposed to “on-off-on”. What would the wiring look like? Any tips? Would love to get this amp out of here so she can get to her show tomorrow. Thanks!
    Last edited by Steelwitch; 02-13-2019, 11:30 PM.

Is what I’m proposing possible?

Comment

Local hardware store or Home Depot should have DPDT switches.

As to one SPST switch, think "table lamp." Neutral wire comes in to one side of primary, Hot wire comes in to fuse, fuse to switch, other side of switch to transformer primary..
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Local hardware store or Home Depot should have DPDT switches.

As to one SPST switch, think "table lamp." Neutral wire comes in to one side of primary, Hot wire comes in to fuse, fuse to switch, other side of switch to transformer primary..
        Try the autoparts store.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Good point! Hopefully I can get this out of here in the morning. It’s probably worth having the right switch when all’s said and done

Comment

Does the switch reverse Live and Neutral, or does it switch which side of the mains that a death cap is connected to? If the latter, it might be wise to do away with that.

Comment

I'm with the above. I would tie neutrals together, switch hot with a SPST, and lose the death cap if there is one, providing there is a 3 wire AC cord with a safety ground.
              It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
              X