Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now THIS is what I call a TRUE Ground (fake as h*ll but who´s counting?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickb View Post
    I had to listen. Now I wish I hadn't.
    What has been heard... cannot be un-heard....

Thanks for saving me from listening.
    If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
    I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      Lou Reed was quoted: "only an idiot would listen to MMM from beginning to end."

So, naturally I did exactly that. But I never told him about it.

For those curious would-be listeners, it's sort of a Mandelbrot set. That is, by hearing any part of it, you've essentially heard all of it. Hope this saves yez some time, and keeps smart MEFsters out of the idiot squad.
      MMM by lou reed was awesome! I still have to listen to the second half of it my computer battery died. but if it is anything like the first 35 min i yhink i will like it

I would think it must have been inspirational to some current masters like:

yellow swans

and

Kevin Drumm

Now I just need that beeswax fuse for the FULL experience

I was way in to the Cephalic Carnage"Lucid Interval" album when it came out in 2002 or whatever. I relistened to that too. I found it to be like 70% awesome/30% annoying after not listening for about 10 years or so. i recommend it. maybe it's just nostalgia
      Last edited by nsubulysses; 02-16-2019, 12:44 AM. Reason: no need to bring up the zep

Comment

I found that Yellow Swans downright musical. Thanks!
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

You guys are too harsh. What's so obscure about an active SE (single ended?) ground block that uses "external grounding technology" and an "Active EM (electromagnetic?) Cell"? Wouldn't anyone want:

Your bass to weigh more

A sound field that only looks like it's there

Greater mass in your sound (more weight again?)

An "apparent increase in resolution" (I didn't have to paraphrase that one )

Attached Files
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            You guys are too harsh. What's so obscure about an active SE (single ended?) ground block that uses "external grounding technology" and an "Active EM (electromagnetic?) Cell"? Wouldn't anyone want:

Your bass to weigh more

A sound field that only looks like it's there

Greater mass in your sound (more weight again?)

An "apparent increase in resolution" (I didn't have to paraphrase that one )

Works best with an air guitar and amplifier.
            Boom Chicka WoW WoW....

nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              The solution to all our grounding problems: a portable grounding block which since it´s *active* works anywhere (provably even in the vacuum of Space 35000 Miles away from Earth):
              https://highend-electronics.com/prod...SAAEgJDe_D_BwE

ONLY: ..... a bargain considerin you get 4 FREE mains cables, which are worth over U$1500.

This is the interface between "The Ground Block" and our poor,dirty, plebeian wall outlet ... that alone justifies the price:

$3,295.00 USD
              Heh, thanks. Im laughing so hard, my stomach hurts. I'll order two. One for upstairs. One for downstairs.
              The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Don't forget to pick one up for your car subs too, you can run it off an inverter.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...lex-receptacle

$285.00
                  Each.

Heh.
                  Ive been looking for the side by side comparison against teh 85 cent duplex plug from Home Depot, but I can't find it.
                  The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
                    https://highend-electronics.com/prod...lex-receptacle

$285.00
                    Each.

Heh.
                    Ive been looking for the side by side comparison against teh 85 cent duplex plug from Home Depot, but I can't find it.
                    It's entertaining to make fun of this stuff, but at some point it kind of makes me sad. WTF is wrong with people that this can even be on the market!?! If it weren't working for the company they wouldn't be marketing it. At least they're bilking people with disposable income most of the time I suppose. One notch less sinister than elderly SS/welfare recipients living in a trailer and eating cat food so they can send more money to Jerry Falwell.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

It's entertaining to make fun of this stuff, but at some point it kind of makes me sad. WTF is wrong with people that this can even be on the market!?! If it weren't working for the company they wouldn't be marketing it. At least they're bilking people with disposable income most of the time I suppose. One notch less sinister than elderly SS/welfare recipients living in a trailer and eating cat food so they can send more money to Jerry Falwell.
                      There are the sheeple and there are those that can think. Some people have to pay to be stupid.
                      nosaj

Comment

Off topic, but yeah, Chuck, so many stories of people getting duped. Its all over the place. Some college did a study a few years on olive oil. They found that most stuff on our (here in the USA anyway) store shelves marketed as Olive oil has so little olive oil that by law it can not be called olive oil. And people think they should buy this stuff because it is better for their family's health. And another study by the FDA tested 100 different vitamin supplements and found that many contained 100% filler. I don't buy the stuff, so I can't remember the names, sounded like saw palmetto extract (supposed to be good for mens prostate and urinary tract health), etc. those plant extract pills. contained Zero percent of the extract it said it had. And people sick or hoping not to get sick, paying a fortune for that stuff, and getting cardboard pills. And on and on... <big frown>

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                          There are the sheeple and there are those that can think. Some people have to pay to be stupid.
                          nosaj
                          Nosaj, so I should send those duplex plugs back? Heh, I just can't believe that anyone would believe blue duplex plugs would have any effect on audio system tone. I'm worried that they're putting some kind of hallucinogenic material easily absorbed through the skin on these products.

Comment

I'm worried that they're putting some kind of hallucinogenic material easily absorbed through the skin on these products.
                            That is a terrible stroke of genius.

Comment

Nosaj, so I should send those duplex plugs back? Heh, I just can't believe that anyone would believe blue duplex plugs would have any effect on audio system tone. I'm worried that they're putting some kind of hallucinogenic material easily absorbed through the skin on these products.
                              No keep them , they're especially useful for the blues. I wouldn't worry just don't smoke them.

nosaj

Comment

Working...
                              X