No announcement yet.

1961 Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not harsh, I´m talking a single owner ´61 Les Paul here and respect due to it.

I bet trying to save a few bucks will cause a way larger loss in value.

Now if you want to carve your $120 Led Dlagon Res Paur with a chainsaw, because Maggot Vomit Guitar player did that to his own, please be my guest
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Still curious - as there are no pictures: Is this an SG shaped "Les Paul"? If not it must be VERY rare, being one of the latest made original LPs. According to literature, Gibson changed the body style of the Les Paul in 1961 to the SG shape (still carrying the Les Paul logo). I never saw a picture of an originally shaped 1961 LP.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

^^^^^^ THAT! Come on, dumbassbob . End the torture. Please show us some pictures of this piece of history!
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          ^^^^^^ THAT! Come on, dumbassbob . End the torture. Please show us some pictures of this piece of history!
          DAB, yes puhleeeze, photos! Inquiring minds want to know.

Remember when you posted gut shots of your Bandmaster head, and it turned out to be a rare transition piece with extra circuitry that Fender never documented on a schematic. You find kool stuff man, we wanna see what's lurking there at Dana Point.
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

You expecting dumbassbob to give a straight answer to a question?
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

It's just a guitar!
              Fix it, and play the hell out of it!
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                You expecting dumbassbob to give a straight answer to a question?
                It took a while but we did get a peek inside that famous Bandmaster. So let's start a cheering squad. Kind of like the frat boys in Animal House:

pho to! pho to! pho to! pho to! pho to! pho to! pho to! etc etc... until it works.

Like this, cheer along now!

Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-22-2019, 11:17 PM.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

It is NOT my guitar..It was first with Steves dad who remarried and her kids (stepkids) were the ones that messed it up,after the dad passed away the brother Jimmy my drummer in the 1960's got it and it has sat in a case for 40 yrs.I just became FB pals after 49 yrs of not see him I only have one picture and everyone is standing with the 61LP..I was shocked to see it ,I just told all of them that this guitar is not for fucks to play with,even at the grave site for the 50 yr reunion everyone wanted to play with it...I told Jimmy and his 35 yrs old son to not let anyone touch it,I did loosen the strings that have been on it since 1969.PS I have forgot how to post a picture here so if anyone wants to tell me how DAB will try to post the 2 pictures I do have

Comment

Working...
                  X