Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy grail nano crystal problem

Dear,
    I have a Holy Grail Nano with crystal oscillator broken.
    I need to replace it. But I can not find the reference of the crystal, and I can not find the original scheme of the holy grail nano.
    I attach photos of the crystal and the microcontroller. If someone can help me. Thank you in advance.
    https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/30...74-1126293.pdf

Originally posted by binito View Post
    Dear,
    I have a Holy Grail Nano with crystal oscillator broken.
    I need to replace it. But I can not find the reference of the crystal, and I can not find the original scheme of the holy grail nano.
    I attach photos of the crystal and the microcontroller. If someone can help me. Thank you in advance.
    https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/30...74-1126293.pdf
    Well, I don't know if this helps you out but the oscillator in the schematic I have is 8.192MHz
    Electro-Harmonix_EC-0060 Holy Grail.pdf
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Thanks Soulfetish,
      I think this schematic is old holy grail. Not a nano version. I don't sure

Comment

Have you tried contacting EH directly? If that doesn't work, maybe try to get a hold of a working unit and scope it or use a frequency counter to find frequency. From there, it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something. You might also want to update your profile with a location so we know where you are.
        Last edited by The Dude; 02-21-2019, 02:20 AM.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

It looks like both XTAL and EXTAL pins are connected to this. Also, Further it's designated X1 rather than U1 or OSC1. The datasheet states "When the external square wave source connects to EXTAL, the XTAL pin is not used." so that would suggest that this is a crystal rather than an oscillator.

Therefore the failure might be the DSP (or power to it) rather than the clock.
          Last edited by nickb; 02-21-2019, 09:25 PM.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I used to deal with this type of stuff all of the time.The mantra was: CHECK Vcc, Vdd, crystal oscillation, reset. Scope it as you apply power. Tickle it with freeze and heat. Usually the problem with a “dead” crystal oscillator is the physical connections. I’m sure you have resoldered it and the associated uprocessor using flux? As said before... a generic is available, you just need to know the clock frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
              I used to deal with this type of stuff all of the time.The mantra was: CHECK Vcc, Vdd, crystal oscillation, reset. Scope it as you apply power. Tickle it with freeze and heat. Usually the problem with a “dead” crystal oscillator is the physical connections. I’m sure you have resoldered it and the associated uprocessor using flux? As said before... a generic is available, you just need to know the clock frequency.

This time ,the crystal oscillator is physically broken. I tried with a 8.4Mhz 2Pin crystal oscillator and the reverb works but there's a kind of noise that seems phaser. Maybe need more frequency.
              I will try with 24Mhz and i will see what happens.

Comment

I tried with 24Mhz Crystal and works very good.

I think I'm going to put 24 Mhz. Thanks for help.

Comment

Good work, interested in what made you guess 24Mhz ?
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The suggested value un datasheet of IC is 24MHz more or leas.

Comment

Working...
                    X