Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5 Rod Magnet Supplier Help Request

Hi all,

For a few years I've been buying all of my A5 rod magnets from Tone Kraft, and have always been very happy with them, and have developed my pickups around them.

However Tone Kraft have been out of stock of their 0.471" * 0.187" A5 rods for months now. I've emailed them a few times, I got a response once about 5 weeks ago to say that they were expecting new stock at the start of Feb, but nothing yet on their website, and a recent email hasn't been answered.

I've got a luthier customer who is getting very impatient, and I don't want to lose the business!

So I thought I would ask you all if you know of a good alternative supplier for A5, 0.471" * 0.187" rod magnets, either vintage (mild) bevel or no bevel. I am after ~ 300 pieces, but can do more if there is a minimum order issue.

Also I am located in Australia, I'm used to shipping in parts from the USA, but if the magnets are located closer to me, then all the better

Thanks for any assistance.

I looked at the magnet lists I have.
    Mojo sells a .425, .531.
    Magnetic hold sells a .500 A5 magnet.
    The .471 doesn't seem to be a popular size.
    Hopefully you can migrate to another near size.
    GL,
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 02-18-2019, 03:01 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Maybe addictionfx.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
        Maybe addictionfx.
        Maybe so now.
        On their old list, nothing that short.
        https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1397873133
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Thanks big_tee and mozz,

On addictionfx website, the shortest mags are 0.63".

If I can't find any 0.471", I might give the 0.425" from Mojo a try.

Cheers!

Comment

I've resorted to dremel tool scoring and snapping magnets a little shorter in a pinch but it's a PIA for sure. If you need 300 I'd just put in an RFQ for 500 or 1000 pcs at Sensmag or Antiam in China. Search Alibaba, aliexpress to dig up new sources. I don't know where prices are now with Cobalt but I bet you could find these for under $.10 each in quantity. You can sell any extras on eBay if you have the patience.

Comment

Thanks for the tip David^, I have just emailed SensMag, will wait to see min quantities etc.

Comment

https://www.cermagmagnets.co.uk/0187...rods-562-p.asp

The shortests are .532", though.

Good luck!
                Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                Milano, Italy

Comment

Thanks LtKojak and all,
                  SensMag have them in stock, and for good prices. Think I'll go that way!
                  Cheers, and thanks for again for your suggestions.

Comment

If you have a miter saw with a metal cutting blade, you can just grab some longer .187s and cut them to size.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                      If you have a miter saw with a metal cutting blade, you can just grab some longer .187s and cut them to size.
                      A typical metal cutting blade (aka a cold saw) won't have much luck against any cobalt alloy unfortunately. A metal cutting grinder/ abrasive saw, which is probably what you meant will work.

Comment

http://www.antaidamag.com/ info@antaidamag.com Andy Wu Great supplier
                        Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

I should have about 1000 of those. How many ya need?

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I have ordered the magnets from SensMag, and they're already on the way to me. Hopefully they sound good

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X