No announcement yet.

Wave interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember back in the 80s or early 90s that binaural recording was all the rage. Unlike a stereo mix where relative loudness is used to cue the brain on R/L location, time delays - and to an extent, frequency masking (filtering) to emulate the head's acoustic 'shadow' - were used to provide a more realistic experience. The walls of houses, road signs, and even large trees (?) can reflect waves at the listener that are at just the right phase relationship to the direct sound to confuse the brain's decoding circuitry. IMHO this is one reason why the chorus/flanger effects used in 'space' music is so popular. It's a brain f**k.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Totally off topic, but I thought I'd mention that if Enzo wants to make his own noises, this is probably the thing to do it with:
      https://www.meris.us/product/enzo/
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        Totally off topic, but I thought I'd mention that if Enzo wants to make his own noises, this is probably the thing to do it with:
        https://www.meris.us/product/enzo/
        Way kool product with a way kool name! (If I disappear for a month or so, that means I bought one. Wow what a gadget! Thanx g1 this may be a life changer...)

Or for cheap squeaky noises, just grab a handy rubber duck. I suspect there's some around. Within easy reach.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
        X