Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolls doing OEM for Bootiq Audio

check this video

if audiofools will pay at least 2x, hell why not?

I was looking for a balanced DAC, and Mackie makes a $150 one
    Mackie-Signal-Direct-Box-MDB-USB

its waaay cheaper than all the Schiit type stuff (no kidding thats a favorite company)
    https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-dacs

granted some of those units are 32-bit/768kHz and most do DSD audio but the cheapest one with balanced outputs is >$2k
    Last edited by Boss; 03-10-2019, 09:58 AM.

I can't help wondering if some Chinese factory is churning out those boards for Rolls at several dollars a pop.
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
      I can't help wondering if some Chinese factory is churning out those boards for Rolls at several dollars a pop.
      I wonder if the factory could even cut a side deal with music hall without them even knowing about the rolls version, just change the paint on the case. I'm not so convinced music hall is the one responsible here?

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
      its waaay cheaper than all the Schiit type stuff (no kidding thats a favorite company)
      lol, I was hoping that was going to be pronounced 'shite', but see that they claim it's pronounced 'shih-tah'. Which is almost as good if you are from an area that doesn't pronounce r's at the end of words.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        I wonder if the factory could even cut a side deal with music hall without them even knowing about the rolls version, just change the paint on the case. I'm not so convinced music hall is the one responsible here?

lol, I was hoping that was going to be pronounced 'shite', but see that they claim it's pronounced 'shih-tah'. Which is almost as good if you are from an area that doesn't pronounce r's at the end of words.
        WHHHOOOOAA!! what happen to G1? Has he been replaced by some monotone dude?

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
          WHHHOOOOAA!! what happen to G1? Has he been replaced by some monotone dude?
          Same guy (one of them), different pic.
          Tomorrow will be 25yrs. so I thought I'd put something up in his honour.
          R.I.P. Mr. Candy.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X