Ampeg- what are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg- what are these?

Maybe some of you guys know, what are these clamps or whatever they are in Ampeg heads?

Footswitch holder?
    Cable holder?

They have ears to wrap the power cord Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190312_175012732.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	874442

I think it is a footswicth holder. Some ampegs have 2 screws with a sping attached to them too. Which I also believe are footswitch holders. I have never once in my life seen a V4 footswitch even though I've seens dozens or maybe over 100 V4s. Strange. So maybe I am wrong!

Comment

Yeah, I have seen plenty of the spring footswitch holders with footswitch, but have never seen one with any V series amp.

Comment

They are supposed to hold the footswitch. You slide the footswitch between the two plastic extrusions. The back panel has a little notch cut out so that the footswitch will slide under the cross rail.

The footswitch was an accessory, not included with the amp, which is why you don't see many of them.

Comment

Personally I loved the idea of the hard-wired footswitches; I had them in my Reverberocket 2s. Of course, I've also seem plenty of Ampegs where someone had just cut the cord & tossed the switch, too...

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Ah, yes.
            The cut out on the back panel....it all makes sense now.

It's like all those 70's Peavey amps.
            Din connector to switch a bunch of features but you never see the footswitch.

I've made up a few for some people and actually made one for an Ampeg G12 where someone lopped off the footswitch.

Comment

Working...
            X