How to select an amplifier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    Without sounding like a pompous asshat...

There's something else to playing loudly and confidently. I'm frequently playing with people who are either not as serious as myself, just starting out, insecure, lacking in confidence, or other non-harmful things that hinder them. Being willing to go big WITH them and FOR them can help pull them out of their shell. Not to overwhelm them because they may not be as good as you, but to sort of egg them on - "hey, these people aren't here to yell at you, they WANT to support you. Get out there & do YOU!" It's a motivational thing.

Not to mention, nobody that couldn't hear their faults ever got any better. And playing in a live band with real simple gear can expose you real quick, because there's nothing to hide behind.

Justin
    Here's another
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I remember as a kid in HS having a 1973 Silver Face UL TR with a master volume. That thing was super clean, ice picky trebly even with humbuckers... and louder than a Lear Jet. It sounded the best to me at the time 15 minutes before the Utah speakers gave up or the police came...

Comment

Working...
      X