Reverb problem in BFPR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb problem in BFPR build

I´ve built a Princeton Reverb clone, but I can´t get the reverb working properly. Otherwise the amp works fine.
    What I´ve done so far is to check that it´s wired correctly, and tried different tubes in V2 and V3. I´ve gone over all the solder joints. I´ve checked the voltages, and they´re spot on. I´ve tried a different set of rca cables and a different reverb pan. With the reverb pot turned clockwise all the way, the dry signal becomes is inaudible and there is a very faint reverb sound which decays very quickly. If I tap the pan there is a faint sound of thunder, so it´s not completely dead.
    As I turn the reverb pot clockwise, the dry signal becomes lower and disappears when the pot is turned all the way. Is that normal? This happens both when the reverb is turned on and off on the footswitch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Meddon View Post
    I´ve built a Princeton Reverb clone, but I can´t get the reverb working properly. Otherwise the amp works fine.
    What I´ve done so far is to check that it´s wired correctly, and tried different tubes in V2 and V3. I´ve gone over all the solder joints. I´ve checked the voltages, and they´re spot on. I´ve tried a different set of rca cables and a different reverb pan. With the reverb pot turned clockwise all the way, the dry signal becomes is inaudible and there is a very faint reverb sound which decays very quickly. If I tap the pan there is a faint sound of thunder, so it´s not completely dead.
    As I turn the reverb pot clockwise, the dry signal becomes lower and disappears when the pot is turned all the way. Is that normal? This happens both when the reverb is turned on and off on the footswitch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    NO, that isn't normal. The Dry signal should NOT change one bit as a function of the Reverb pot position. The return from the Reverb tank feeds the gain makeup tube, and it's the output of that tube that feeds the pot, and from that wiper it finally mixes in with the dry signal, so it sounds like you've a wiring error in your build. The feed TO the reverb section is from the 2nd tube stage, following the Tone circuits & volume control. IF you forgot to include the 470k mix resistor from the wiper of the pot, then you would get the problem you're describing.

Post the schematic you're using, please.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
    X