Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey CS 800 S B channel not working! Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey CS 800 S B channel not working! Need help!

Hello everyone! his is my first time posting so please bear with me! I just bought a Peaqvey CS 800 s and the B channel isnt working. Im not in the same class as most of you folks whose posts Ive been reading so I was gonna start simple and ask if someone would please tell me where the fuses are located? Ive got the cover off but Im not sure what to do next except take those boards or whatever they're called and look under them. I have a volt meter and can use it if I know what Im looking for. Diodes and transistors and that stuff is over my pay grade! Please share anything you might think would help! Thank y'all very much!!!

Hi JAy

BE CAREFUL.

The CS800S is not like usual amps in that it has a switching power supply - SMPS. The mains are directly rectified and filtered so there is well over 300v of DC In there with all the current in the world. It can kill you.

If you can't identify and test diodes and transistors, it is going to be very tough to lead you through this.

First thing to do is identify just what the problem is. "Doesn't work" is not a useful description.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X