Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ashdown MiBass 2.0 schematic

Hello everyone,

Does any one have the MiBass 2.0 schematic or a least a block diagram.
    The amp has 60hz buzz in the headphone and DI output only the speaker output is hum free.
    I've already emailed Guy M at Ashdown, he was no help on this issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help.

Dehn

Try contacting Ashdown in the UK. I've found them to be extraordinarily helpful.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks rickb

Ashdown came through and I recieved the schematic, thanks Guy, amp is repaired.
      I am posting schematic for those in need.

Dehn
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

That said, this schematic is weird ... did they only send you this and nothing else?

Because it *only* shows the Preamp, no Power Amp visible, nor power supply.

[rant mode ON]
        I guess itīs just one more example of the modern trend (lazy from my point of view) of just designing and building a Preamp and fitting it to an "E Bay module" ... and Iīm only half kidding here ....

Amp becomes essentially unrepairable ... besides a hum problem, maybe bad ground or damaged pot or jack that is.

Amp blows within warranty?: they give you another.
        Doubt even them have spare power boards available .

After warranty ends? : JUNK IT.

Seen similar amps by Fender (at least they show ICE Power pinout and model so you might try to find a spare), Aguilar, TC Electronics, Kustom, etc.

Ampeg was decent enough (again in my view) to design their own, show its internal schematic, and using more or less "available" parts you can source in, say, Mouser, so you can have a go at it.
        At least in PF350 and 500.

Just extrapolating a bit, I can see in the near future most/all known brands just reselling Asian made and designed amplifiers , just caring to clad their products in the proper Tolex, grill cloth and matching panel graphics and colours.
        Oh well.
        [rant mode OFF]

EDIT: felt curious and searched a bit ... OMFG!!!!

Itīs a 400W RMS powerhouse ... driving a single 10" speaker

Yea , sure ... it *might* do in a Church or *small* Club show ... if the drummer is somewhat anemic that is ...

I BET a certain 50W Bassman head driving 2 x 15" OLD speakers will SMASH it any day of the week
        Last edited by J M Fahey; 03-22-2019, 06:50 PM.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X