Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to hold a bias pot in place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little follow up: These are the ones I'm using right now. They're working out great mounted on my multi turn bias pots. The only downside is you need a slotted shaft. You need the torque of a screwdriver if you want to make any adjustments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Locking sleeve.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	853526

These are the ones I picked up somewhere along the way, and stashed them into a drawer of assorted knobs. I was pumped once I realized what they were, because was looking for something like this at the time. I only wish I knew what the manufacturer and industry name for these.
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
      Also, in case it wasn't clear in my post, these are fitted for pots that don't already have locking bushings on them. I'll shoot a pic of the other kind I use on my amp as well in a little bit.
      It was clear all right, no problem there. Apparently someone saw those AB pots & thought "Imma do just like that". Who knows it might even be Allen Bradley who offered the add on collars. Or whoever made their pot bushings for them. Kool stuff, if you can find 'em.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53165[/ATTACH]

These are the ones I picked up somewhere along the way, and stashed them into a drawer of assorted knobs. I was pumped once I realized what they were, because was looking for something like this at the time. I only wish I knew what the manufacturer and industry name for these.
        Shaft lock? Shaft lock nut? Spindle locking collet? Seem to be a few names.
        https://www.digikey.ca/products/en/h...T%20LOCK%20NUT
        http://casamodularsystems.com/index....roducts_id=407
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Find some of these in thew appropriate values...not a huge one like this but there are various sizes to be found. I've had great success.
          Mandopicker

Comment

Liquid Electric Tape. Red is a good color as it can indicate "don't touch". The stuff dries like a rubber coating, but can be pealed off fairly easily. I used it to freeze my "Humdinger" pot on one of my amps, and had to peel it off and re-apply and no problems. Just don't soak the shaft, not necessary. Only a tiny dab will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bende...36&s=hi&sr=1-2

Or Nail polish.
            " Things change, not always for the better. " - Leo_Gnardo

Comment

Working...
            X