Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 48

Thread: Another way to strip tolex off a newer cabinet

  1. #1
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11

    Another way to strip tolex off a newer cabinet

    I was given a princeton 650 chassis/cab. It's been sitting in the shed for a while next to a couple of other 70's cabinets, right butt up against them.
    I'd been hearing noises in my shed from time to time an thought I might have a rat in my shed. Well today working on the truck,(from time to time I will leave to door open) I noticed some squirrels near the entrance an thought nothing of it. Later on I went to try out a Peavey xr500 I got for 25. I hooked it up to my carvin cabinet an noticed this right next to it.
    They didn't touch anything but the tolex.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190323_172749-1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	443.6 KB 
ID:	53089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190323_172800-1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	528.5 KB 
ID:	53090

    nosaj

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  2. #2
    Senior Member nevetslab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    1,693
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 587/1
    Given: 1,387/1
    Rep Power
    11
    Isn't Tolex a brand name for a vinyl product, and, if I'm not mistaken, Vinyl has it's origin from petroleum and other materials to come up with miracle man-made products for a better world? What is it in these products that so entices rodents to indulge their appetites, chewing/eating wire insulation, Tolex covering, etc. I'd imagine similar happenings in auto junk yards, where car seats and front/rear bumpers/fender panels and such would make good eating for the little critters. Very odd.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

  3. #3
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Well the job still needs to be finished up. Maybe if you asked the squirrels nicely? Offer them nuts. Squirrels love nuts.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  4. #4
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    Well the job still needs to be finished up. Maybe if you asked the squirrels nicely? Offer them nuts. Squirrels love nuts.
    I left it outside so we will see if they do or not. I really hope it was tree rats and not real rats. I don't really relish the idea of using poison in my workspace as one might die and leave a wonderful odor. Maybe if you give me the Peanut Juan gifted you

    nosaj

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    604
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 192/1
    Given: 89/2
    Rep Power
    3
    If the tolex was put on with hide glue I could see that being enticing to a rodent, but I don't know if people still use hide glue to apply tolex.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by glebert View Post
    If the tolex was put on with hide glue I could see that being enticing to a rodent, but I don't know if people still use hide glue to apply tolex.
    Not likely on a Fender solidstate amp. They were so clean taking it off they didn't even really damage the particle board cabinet.

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  7. #7
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    I don't really relish the idea of using poison in my workspace as one might die and leave a wonderful odor.
    The cleanup is more unpleasant, but I recommend traps. I've had critters die in a crowded garage and that is just an awful experience. With traps you won't have to dig through all your stuff (some of it heavy and/or stacked precariously) to find the smelly dead thing. I actually did better using cream cheese for bait than peanut butter. Even though peanut butter is the popular choice.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  8. #8
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    The cleanup is more unpleasant, but I recommend traps. I've had critters die in a crowded garage and that is just an awful experience. With traps you won't have to dig through all your stuff (some of it heavy and/or stacked precariously) to find the smelly dead thing. I actually did better using cream cheese for bait than peanut butter. Even though peanut butter is the popular choice.
    Wonder if I can turn the fender cab into a trap?
    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member mozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    808
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 182/1
    Given: 128/0
    Rep Power
    4
    Soy based tolex or glue most likely.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by mozz View Post
    Soy based tolex or glue most likely.
    Wonder why the soybean fields here don't have that much of a problem if rodents like soy so much.

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  11. #11
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Wonder why the soybean fields here don't have that much of a problem if rodents like soy so much.

    nosaj
    Those rodents all croak immediately when the Roundup is sprayed on. Comforting thought innit?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  12. #12
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    Those rodents all croak immediately when the Roundup is sprayed on. Comforting thought innit?
    So i should spray Roundup around the shed?

    Here's a conspiracy theory for ya, What kind of people use roundup?

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  13. #13
    Old Timer J M Fahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,591
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,744/18
    Given: 1,343/29
    Rep Power
    26
    Hot hide glue is still being used, nothing beats it in hot roller applicator machines, the most famous one being Potdevin brand.
    Check the Mesa Tolexing video, you can have a 4 x 12" covered in 5 (yes, five, not a typo) minutes.


    The same Potdevin machines are used by USPS to apply lickable glue to Post stamps.

    And it´s Ecologic no solvents biodegradable stuff, cheap to boot, what´s not to like?

    So I can very well rodents smelling/tasting it and wanting more.

    Same as insects love stamp glue.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Juan Manuel Fahey

  14. #14
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    What kind of people use roundup?
    Squares? Or people who yell 'yippie ay yo kai yay'? Folks who don't have the correct change? OK, what? Inquiring minds want to know...

    And Juan, I can't be sure about ALL of them, but US Postal service has been issuing self stick stamps for 15+ years now. At least all the ones I've run into. No need to lick 'n stick any more. Maybe the vegans got on their case, they would refuse to lick hide glue stamps, that's for sure.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  15. #15
    Old Timer olddawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    La Jolla CA, Hanalei, Kauai
    Posts
    2,954
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 267/0
    Given: 30/1
    Rep Power
    14
    I had rats eat the wiring out of 3 cars over the past few years. Had to hire a service to put bait boxes all over the property. And the rodents attracted rattle snakes. Nearly stepped on one getting out of a car. I sold the place...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    I had rats eat the wiring out of 3 cars over the past few years. Had to hire a service to put bait boxes all over the property. And the rodents attracted rattle snakes. Nearly stepped on one getting out of a car. I sold the place...
    I feel bad whenever I kill anything. But I know that, as a human, I have to adapt my environment to my own needs. So it's the fight for dominion in my own crib that perpetuates my actions, the relative success of humans on the planet and what will ultimately be our downfall. Shaping the natural world to fit us instead of adapting to fit the natural world. What choice is there? We're not well suited for it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  17. #17
    Old Timer J M Fahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,591
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,744/18
    Given: 1,343/29
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    And Juan, I can't be sure about ALL of them, but US Postal service has been issuing self stick stamps for 15+ years now. At least all the ones I've run into. No need to lick 'n stick any more. Maybe the vegans got on their case, they would refuse to lick hide glue stamps, that's for sure.
    Oh, certainly, but they did for almost 200 years, and I bet the self sticking glue is *also*applied with Potdevin machines.

    Or maybe the Led Dlagon Machinely Colpolation version but in any case the principle is the same.

    http://www.potdevin.com/
    Manufacturers of quality gluing, labeling, and laminating equipment since 1893.

    Electric heater for hot animal glue optional.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Juan Manuel Fahey

  18. #18
    Supporting Member mozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    808
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 182/1
    Given: 128/0
    Rep Power
    4

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by J M Fahey View Post
    Electric heater for hot animal glue optional.
    I'll keep that tidbit in mind, the next time I need an industrial strength machine to glue hot animals together. "with heater," yes we don't want to shock the poor critters!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  20. #20
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Starting in the early 2000’s, car manufacturers began using bioplastics* (e.g. soy based wiring) in cars. They state their reasoning was in an effort to reduce dependency on petroleum and to “go-green.”

    This is followed up with the article authors assessment that it's bogus and that, in fact, soy based plastics are cheaper. Well of course. Because at face value what sense does it make to go green using less petroleum product manufacturing a device that specifically burns petroleum product!?!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  21. #21
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    I'll keep that tidbit in mind, the next time I need an industrial strength machine to glue hot animals together. "with heater," yes we don't want to shock the poor critters!
    I remember when the Demo-beral mind set started affecting every day life in the bay area Cali. There was a very nice grocery store called Cosentino's that had three huge, brick lined well pots in front of the store. They used them for boiling lobsters that they sold in the market. You could hear the tell tale whistling of a thousand lobsters demise for a mile around. Some people were offended that they had to hear critter death and complained enough that the pots were retired. No more day fresh lobster at Cosentino's for anyone. One more good thing we'll never have again because someone might be offended.

    Even cooking shows recommend that you kill your lobster more humanely or freeze it into a catatonic state before sticking it in the pot. Which is hardly better. Maybe someday eating or selling animal products in public at all will become illegal because some people are offended by it.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  22. #22
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    Starting in the early 2000’s, car manufacturers began using bioplastics* (e.g. soy based wiring) in cars. They state their reasoning was in an effort to reduce dependency on petroleum and to “go-green.”

    This is followed up with the article authors assessment that it's bogus and that, in fact, soy based plastics are cheaper. Well of course. Because at face value what sense does it make to go green using less petroleum product manufacturing a device that specifically burns petroleum product!?!
    Legend has it Henry Ford developed soy based automobile components about 100 years ago. No remnant still exists - of course - they were all gnawed to powder by rats & mice. Self-recycling cars, what an advanced concept! Henry was truly ahead of his time.

    Here's a more recent attempt at a "green car." You can drive around AND grow your garden salad, all at the same time. Back off rats! This isn't for you. Will that be thousand island or house vinaigrette?


    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-24-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  23. #23
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    I remember when the Demo-beral mind set started affecting every day life in the bay area Cali. There was a very nice grocery store called Cosentino's that had three huge, brick lined well pots in front of the store. They used them for boiling lobsters that they sold in the market. You could hear the tell tale whistling of a thousand lobsters demise for a mile around. Some people were offended that they had to hear critter death and complained enough that the pots were retired. No more day fresh lobster at Cosentino's for anyone. One more good thing we'll never have again because someone might be offended.

    Even cooking shows recommend that you kill your lobster more humanely or freeze it into a catatonic state before sticking it in the pot. Which is hardly better. Maybe someday eating or selling animal products in public at all will become illegal because some people are offended by it.
    Give me that burger just don't show me how it's done! thats the mindset of a lot of people. Some of my grandkids don't have any idea where their meat comes from, and I'm not supposed to tell them or they won't eat. There were never as much picky eaters as I think there are today. Too much catering to the children rather than letting them learn hard real truths.

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  24. #24
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Give me that burger just don't show me how it's done! thats the mindset of a lot of people. Some of my grandkids don't have any idea where their meat comes from, and I'm not supposed to tell them or they won't eat. There were never as much picky eaters as I think there are today. Too much catering to the children rather than letting them learn hard real truths.

    nosaj
    Or they can learn from the 2000 Year Old Man: fruit is full of sugar - gives you diabetes, and fowl is foul, so stick to pure spring mountain water if you want to have a long healthy life. That's it, that's all, just pure spring mountain water.



    And - don't pass up a nice stuffed cabbage!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  25. #25
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Too much catering to the children rather than letting them learn hard real truths.
    Yep. And it's a cultural glitch gone horribly wrong too. Humans are omnivorous (even hedging toward carnivorous). And we're still animals living with natural requirements. Hiding the reality of meat from children removes them from their/our very humanity! The idea that you have to kill animals if you're going to eat meat should be as matter of fact as putting on your shoes. Bringing us closer to the day that we need to come up with a new disorder name caused by "meat trauma" or some such. Animal protein is one of the elements that helped us to grow our big brains in the first place. Doesn't it seem contrary then that we should use those brains to invent reasons not to recognize meats importance.

    No offense to vegetarians or vegans intended, but I don't believe I'm speaking outside of the facts on this one.

    And the food ignorance isn't limited to meat, though that IS the worst of it. Recent surveys show that kids well into grade school have no clue how any of their food is made. I remember when my daughter was in the fourth grade. I handed her and a friend of hers each a fresh peach. My daughter went right to work rubbing the fuzz off and chomping away. Her friend had no clue what to do with this strange, hairy orb I had just handed her. I can only assume she had only ever eaten peaches from a jar or a can.?. Shame on her parents for that.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  26. #26
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    Yep. And it's a cultural glitch gone horribly wrong too. Humans are omnivorous (even hedging toward carnivorous). And we're still animals living with natural requirements. Hiding the reality of meat from children removes them from their/our very humanity! The idea that you have to kill animals if you're going to eat meat should be as matter of fact as putting on your shoes. Bringing us closer to the day that we need to come up with a new disorder name caused by "meat trauma" or some such. Animal protein is one of the elements that helped us to grow our big brains in the first place. Doesn't it seem contrary then that we should use those brains to invent reasons not to recognize meats importance.

    No offense to vegetarians or vegans intended, but I don't believe I'm speaking outside of the facts on this one.

    And the food ignorance isn't limited to meat, though that IS the worst of it. Recent surveys show that kids well into grade school have no clue how any of their food is made. I remember when my daughter was in the fourth grade. I handed her and a friend of hers each a fresh peach. My daughter went right to work rubbing the fuzz off and chomping away. Her friend had no clue what to do with this strange, hairy orb I had just handed her. I can only assume she had only ever eaten peaches from a jar or a can.?. Shame on her parents for that.
    Nobody ever told us to rub the fuzz off we just ate them, and sand pears too(we didn't eat too many of those in a row off the tree) much better for canning.

    nosaj

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  27. #27
    Bent Member Chuck H's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    pacific north west
    Posts
    14,987
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,029/4
    Given: 2,316/0
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Nobody ever told us to rub the fuzz off we just ate them, and sand pears too(we didn't eat too many of those in a row off the tree) much better for canning.

    nosaj
    I remember the first time I ever ate Rainier cherries. They're still one of my most favoritest things ever, but...

    I was thirteen and stayed the night at my friend Larry's house. In the morning we were in his back yard and I noticed the cherry tree in his fence neighbors yard with many fruit heavy branches hanging over the fence. I was intrigued because of their different coloring and Larry said "Oh man! You've never tried these?" So we climbed up in the tree and started eating cherries. They were so good We were up there for maybe an hour. Just talking and EATING CHERRIES THE WHOLE TIME until... Well. Let's just say it's no fun finding yourself up a tree in THAT sort of hurry to get out of it Being in Washington now I buy a couple of big fat sacks of them every year in season. And eat them judiciously

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Never bet your life on somebody else doing their job." SoulFetish's good friend

    "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

    "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

    "Back to the amp. It makes horrible sounds when I play my guitar thru it... because I suck at playing guitar." Mike6158

  28. #28
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Well I saw the rat today running along the cinder block wall. So out with the traps and ultrasonic repellers. Could not find coyote or bobcat urine pellets at any of the big box stores. So we will see how it goes.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaeaf31ddc62d2b4dd0d0a2381d5f648.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	53109
    nosaj

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  29. #29
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaeaf31ddc62d2b4dd0d0a2381d5f648.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	53109
    Oboy! Rat satay - break out the savory peanut sauce. yum yum yum

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  30. #30
    Old Timer olddawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    La Jolla CA, Hanalei, Kauai
    Posts
    2,954
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 267/0
    Given: 30/1
    Rep Power
    14
    I just went through that nightmare for 9 years. What I found out worked best was a combination of “professional” (you can’t buy them without a license in CA) bait stations in appropriate places outside and the “sticky traps” with peanut butter in the garage. But the “professionals” put loose bait inside my outdoor BBQ island and a young raccoon got into it. I’ll just say it didn’t bode well for Rocky. Also got too many big lizards in the sticky traps who wanted to eat any mice. I was on a huge canyon that ran all the way (4.5 Miles) to the beach. I didn’t mind the other critters.... freaky looking road runners, snakes, and such... but the damn rats. They are a real damn nuisance from hell! They can squeeze into anything, live off of eating cardboard, and like I said earlier... will eat the wiring out of your brand new cars!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    but the damn rats. They are a real damn nuisance from hell! They can squeeze into anything, live off of eating cardboard, and like I said earlier... will eat the wiring out of your brand new cars!
    Pro help or no, those rats jumped the border at TJ. Call Homeland Security! You need a big big WALL ! ! ! Right away!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  32. #32
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    Pro help or no, those rats jumped the border at TJ. Call Homeland Security! You need a big big WALL ! ! ! Right away!
    What about the ones in the white house?

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  33. #33
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    What about the ones in the white house?

    nosaj
    Why? Is olddawg's house white?

    Professional exterminators are getting so specialized these days... "sorry mister, we can only help you if your house is white." Harrumph!

    Maybe the pros went to work on the nearest white house, and the rats fled to chez olddawg. Have mercy! Rats have rights too! Be kind to rat-americans, no matter where they came from, have you no conscience?

    Looky there, another one, climbing the wall ! ! ! Right in your neighborhood olddawg! Whack 'im! Whack 'im!



    Yeh, no mercy... Welcome to the USA, enjoy your holiday, olddawg's house is yonder thataway. Here's a handy map.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-25-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

  34. #34
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,118
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,020/100
    Given: 142/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    Why? Is olddawg's house white?

    Professional exterminators are getting so specialized these days... "sorry mister, we can only help you if your house is white." Harrumph!
    Is this better White House.

    nosaj

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1d6ea8521081317trumprat1-jpg-mobile.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	53112

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	53113

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  35. #35
    Old Timer Leo_Gnardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dogpatch-on-Hudson
    Posts
    6,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,232/15
    Given: 1,116/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Is this better White House.
    Scary lookin' critter there! That one must have tunneled under the wall. Second photo looks an awful lot like:



    Fit for the satay grill all right.

    But - it's not a new problem. Looky here, highlighted in the yellow circle:



    You remember when the rat crashed the press conference a few years ago?

    Don't get all political on us now, Enzo has his big hammer at the ready too, look out here he comes - - -

    Keep it in the TRUMPUS thread puhleeze.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-25-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bronze country western vnyl tolex cabinet
    By kldguitar in forum Cabinetry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 05:54 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 03:05 PM
  3. .How much tolex will you need to covered cabinet
    By kldguitar in forum Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Repair
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 05:02 AM
  4. KLDguitar Tweed tolex covering your guitar and bass amp cabinet
    By kldguitar in forum Plug Your Product/Service
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •