Another way to strip tolex off a newer cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
    I had rats eat the wiring out of 3 cars over the past few years. Had to hire a service to put bait boxes all over the property. And the rodents attracted rattle snakes. Nearly stepped on one getting out of a car. I sold the place...
    I feel bad whenever I kill anything. But I know that, as a human, I have to adapt my environment to my own needs. So it's the fight for dominion in my own crib that perpetuates my actions, the relative success of humans on the planet and what will ultimately be our downfall. Shaping the natural world to fit us instead of adapting to fit the natural world. What choice is there? We're not well suited for it.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      And Juan, I can't be sure about ALL of them, but US Postal service has been issuing self stick stamps for 15+ years now. At least all the ones I've run into. No need to lick 'n stick any more. Maybe the vegans got on their case, they would refuse to lick hide glue stamps, that's for sure.
      Oh, certainly, but they did for almost 200 years, and I bet the self sticking glue is *also*applied with Potdevin machines.

Or maybe the Led Dlagon Machinely Colpolation version but in any case the principle is the same.

http://www.potdevin.com/
      Manufacturers of quality gluing, labeling, and laminating equipment since 1893.

Electric heater for hot animal glue optional.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Many lawsuits.
        https://www.howtopreventratsfromeati...-based-wiring/

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Electric heater for hot animal glue optional.
          I'll keep that tidbit in mind, the next time I need an industrial strength machine to glue hot animals together. "with heater," yes we don't want to shock the poor critters!
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Starting in the early 2000’s, car manufacturers began using bioplastics* (e.g. soy based wiring) in cars. They state their reasoning was in an effort to reduce dependency on petroleum and to “go-green.”

This is followed up with the article authors assessment that it's bogus and that, in fact, soy based plastics are cheaper. Well of course. Because at face value what sense does it make to go green using less petroleum product manufacturing a device that specifically burns petroleum product!?!

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
              I'll keep that tidbit in mind, the next time I need an industrial strength machine to glue hot animals together. "with heater," yes we don't want to shock the poor critters!
              I remember when the Demo-beral mind set started affecting every day life in the bay area Cali. There was a very nice grocery store called Cosentino's that had three huge, brick lined well pots in front of the store. They used them for boiling lobsters that they sold in the market. You could hear the tell tale whistling of a thousand lobsters demise for a mile around. Some people were offended that they had to hear critter death and complained enough that the pots were retired. No more day fresh lobster at Cosentino's for anyone. One more good thing we'll never have again because someone might be offended.

Even cooking shows recommend that you kill your lobster more humanely or freeze it into a catatonic state before sticking it in the pot. Which is hardly better. Maybe someday eating or selling animal products in public at all will become illegal because some people are offended by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                Starting in the early 2000’s, car manufacturers began using bioplastics* (e.g. soy based wiring) in cars. They state their reasoning was in an effort to reduce dependency on petroleum and to “go-green.”

This is followed up with the article authors assessment that it's bogus and that, in fact, soy based plastics are cheaper. Well of course. Because at face value what sense does it make to go green using less petroleum product manufacturing a device that specifically burns petroleum product!?!
                Legend has it Henry Ford developed soy based automobile components about 100 years ago. No remnant still exists - of course - they were all gnawed to powder by rats & mice. Self-recycling cars, what an advanced concept! Henry was truly ahead of his time.

Here's a more recent attempt at a "green car." You can drive around AND grow your garden salad, all at the same time. Back off rats! This isn't for you. Will that be thousand island or house vinaigrette?

Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-24-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I remember when the Demo-beral mind set started affecting every day life in the bay area Cali. There was a very nice grocery store called Cosentino's that had three huge, brick lined well pots in front of the store. They used them for boiling lobsters that they sold in the market. You could hear the tell tale whistling of a thousand lobsters demise for a mile around. Some people were offended that they had to hear critter death and complained enough that the pots were retired. No more day fresh lobster at Cosentino's for anyone. One more good thing we'll never have again because someone might be offended.

Even cooking shows recommend that you kill your lobster more humanely or freeze it into a catatonic state before sticking it in the pot. Which is hardly better. Maybe someday eating or selling animal products in public at all will become illegal because some people are offended by it.
                  Give me that burger just don't show me how it's done! thats the mindset of a lot of people. Some of my grandkids don't have any idea where their meat comes from, and I'm not supposed to tell them or they won't eat. There were never as much picky eaters as I think there are today. Too much catering to the children rather than letting them learn hard real truths.

nosaj
                  soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                    Give me that burger just don't show me how it's done! thats the mindset of a lot of people. Some of my grandkids don't have any idea where their meat comes from, and I'm not supposed to tell them or they won't eat. There were never as much picky eaters as I think there are today. Too much catering to the children rather than letting them learn hard real truths.

nosaj
                    Or they can learn from the 2000 Year Old Man: fruit is full of sugar - gives you diabetes, and fowl is foul, so stick to pure spring mountain water if you want to have a long healthy life. That's it, that's all, just pure spring mountain water.

And - don't pass up a nice stuffed cabbage!

Comment

Too much catering to the children rather than letting them learn hard real truths.
                      Yep. And it's a cultural glitch gone horribly wrong too. Humans are omnivorous (even hedging toward carnivorous). And we're still animals living with natural requirements. Hiding the reality of meat from children removes them from their/our very humanity! The idea that you have to kill animals if you're going to eat meat should be as matter of fact as putting on your shoes. Bringing us closer to the day that we need to come up with a new disorder name caused by "meat trauma" or some such. Animal protein is one of the elements that helped us to grow our big brains in the first place. Doesn't it seem contrary then that we should use those brains to invent reasons not to recognize meats importance.

No offense to vegetarians or vegans intended, but I don't believe I'm speaking outside of the facts on this one.

And the food ignorance isn't limited to meat, though that IS the worst of it. Recent surveys show that kids well into grade school have no clue how any of their food is made. I remember when my daughter was in the fourth grade. I handed her and a friend of hers each a fresh peach. My daughter went right to work rubbing the fuzz off and chomping away. Her friend had no clue what to do with this strange, hairy orb I had just handed her. I can only assume she had only ever eaten peaches from a jar or a can.?. Shame on her parents for that.

Comment

Yep. And it's a cultural glitch gone horribly wrong too. Humans are omnivorous (even hedging toward carnivorous). And we're still animals living with natural requirements. Hiding the reality of meat from children removes them from their/our very humanity! The idea that you have to kill animals if you're going to eat meat should be as matter of fact as putting on your shoes. Bringing us closer to the day that we need to come up with a new disorder name caused by "meat trauma" or some such. Animal protein is one of the elements that helped us to grow our big brains in the first place. Doesn't it seem contrary then that we should use those brains to invent reasons not to recognize meats importance.

No offense to vegetarians or vegans intended, but I don't believe I'm speaking outside of the facts on this one.

And the food ignorance isn't limited to meat, though that IS the worst of it. Recent surveys show that kids well into grade school have no clue how any of their food is made. I remember when my daughter was in the fourth grade. I handed her and a friend of hers each a fresh peach. My daughter went right to work rubbing the fuzz off and chomping away. Her friend had no clue what to do with this strange, hairy orb I had just handed her. I can only assume she had only ever eaten peaches from a jar or a can.?. Shame on her parents for that.
                        Nobody ever told us to rub the fuzz off we just ate them, and sand pears too(we didn't eat too many of those in a row off the tree) much better for canning.

nosaj

Comment

Nobody ever told us to rub the fuzz off we just ate them, and sand pears too(we didn't eat too many of those in a row off the tree) much better for canning.

nosaj
                          I remember the first time I ever ate Rainier cherries. They're still one of my most favoritest things ever, but...

I was thirteen and stayed the night at my friend Larry's house. In the morning we were in his back yard and I noticed the cherry tree in his fence neighbors yard with many fruit heavy branches hanging over the fence. I was intrigued because of their different coloring and Larry said "Oh man! You've never tried these?" So we climbed up in the tree and started eating cherries. They were so good We were up there for maybe an hour. Just talking and EATING CHERRIES THE WHOLE TIME until... Well. Let's just say it's no fun finding yourself up a tree in THAT sort of hurry to get out of it Being in Washington now I buy a couple of big fat sacks of them every year in season. And eat them judiciously

Comment

Well I saw the rat today running along the cinder block wall. So out with the traps and ultrasonic repellers. Could not find coyote or bobcat urine pellets at any of the big box stores. So we will see how it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaeaf31ddc62d2b4dd0d0a2381d5f648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	853492
                            nosaj

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53109[/ATTACH]
                              Oboy! Rat satay - break out the savory peanut sauce. yum yum yum

Comment

I just went through that nightmare for 9 years. What I found out worked best was a combination of “professional” (you can’t buy them without a license in CA) bait stations in appropriate places outside and the “sticky traps” with peanut butter in the garage. But the “professionals” put loose bait inside my outdoor BBQ island and a young raccoon got into it. I’ll just say it didn’t bode well for Rocky. Also got too many big lizards in the sticky traps who wanted to eat any mice. I was on a huge canyon that ran all the way (4.5 Miles) to the beach. I didn’t mind the other critters.... freaky looking road runners, snakes, and such... but the damn rats. They are a real damn nuisance from hell! They can squeeze into anything, live off of eating cardboard, and like I said earlier... will eat the wiring out of your brand new cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X