No announcement yet.

Another way to strip tolex off a newer cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of rodents eating the Tolex off of amp cabs I remember visiting a vacation cottage in the Adirondacks. All of the paint was gone up to a height of about 5 feet. I asked what happened and they said that bears come around at night and eat it. Sadly, I did not get the experience of hearing bears eat the outside of the building as a I was trying to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bones View Post
      Speaking of rodents eating the Tolex off of amp cabs I remember visiting a vacation cottage in the Adirondacks. All of the paint was gone up to a height of about 5 feet. I asked what happened and they said that bears come around at night and eat it. Sadly, I did not get the experience of hearing bears eat the outside of the building as a I was trying to sleep.
      That sounds more fortuitous than sad. Maybe it's just me that feels that way though. I once had a bear poke his nose at my tent walls while camping. I stayed real still until he poked me in the head. Then I screamed and he ran off. I'm happy to report it was more of manly yell than a girly screech. That part actually surprised me because I felt like a girly screech was about to come out Just a black bear I'm sure, as there are no brown bears in the area.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        That sounds more fortuitous than sad. Maybe it's just me that feels that way though. I once had a bear poke his nose at my tent walls while camping. I stayed real still until he poked me in the head. Then I screamed and he ran off. I'm happy to report it was more of manly yell than a girly screech. That part actually surprised me because I felt like a girly screech was about to come out Just a black bear I'm sure, as there are no brown bears in the area.
        I felt pretty safe inside the cabin. If I had been in a tent then I would not have felt safe at all. OTOH, the locals didn't seem scared of the bears. They saw them mostly as a nuisance. Sort of like 200lb raccoons.

Comment

Working...
        X