Blues Junior Input Jack Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Junior Input Jack Replacement

I didn't find much info here, so I thought I'd post.
    I picked up a BJ a while back, and all I found wrong with it was a faulty input jack. I decided to install a Switchcraft. I took my step drill home, expecting to work on the chassis, but when disassembled, I found the hole was. (purposely?). the correct size for a Switchcraft isolation washer!
    It was too easy to make, (what I think), is a permanent repair, and still keep it ROHS compliant, (well maybe I did use "real" solder)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BJ#1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	874476

Yep, did exactly that to my Hot Rod Deluxe and my Blues Junior.

I too, was delighted that the jack hole is exactly the right size for the isolation washer.

But now my BJ looks like this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2443.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	939.2 KB
ID:	853514
    If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
    I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Nice!
      I guess if Fender sold one like yours, we wouldn't be talking about "fixing" them all the time.

Comment

Since seeing another thread about these (cheesy) jacks I thought I would add that wiring is:
        Original Fender pin #
        1= shield, center/sleeve on Switchcraft,
        2=signal/tip
        5=shorting switch

Comment

One more update!
          I decided I needed a foot switch, but being too cheap to buy one, I made do with a single button Fender that has the LED. The switch toggles a transistor that does the actual switching, and the schematics show a voltage in the circuit. I removed the zener in the switch circuit board, and installed a jumper, BUT, the voltage was backward! I rotated the LED 180, and reinstalled it. It now switches the "Fat" circuit, and has a visual indicator!
          (Before I could advertise the thing on CL, my sister in law played through it, and loved it. It now lives at her house!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Moore View Post
            (Before I could advertise the thing on CL, my sister in law played through it, and loved it. It now lives at her house!)
            It never hurts to earn some points with the family.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Leo, she sings like a bird, and accompanies herself well on guitar. The little amp sounded pretty good with her Strat.
              Back in our younger days, we played a lot, and really had a following with my wife and her 2 sisters, and me, (drums), and a lead guitar player. A lot of construction in western New Mexico, and Eastern Arizona then, and it was an easy sell to the bars, with 3 pretty girls up front who could also play and sing!

Comment

Working...
              X