Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking or older Mesa Boogie Simul Class 2:90 chassis lid/cover of scrapped chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking or older Mesa Boogie Simul Class 2:90 chassis lid/cover of scrapped chassis

Hi all,

I have an older Mesa Boogie Simul Class 2:90 with a severely damaged chassis lid/cover. This is an older version of amp, with the blue LED pilot light in the front vs. the red jewel lens. I am looking or a replacement lid in good condition, or worse case scenario, just a scrapped chassis that has a lid in in good shape. Mesa no longer makes the lid for the older model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please reach out to me if you know of one or a good resource.

Thank you,

Kris

Originally posted by krispenhartung View Post
    Hi all,

I have an older Mesa Boogie Simul Class 2:90 with a severely damaged chassis lid/cover. This is an older version of amp, with the blue LED pilot light in the front vs. the red jewel lens. I am looking or a replacement lid in good condition, or worse case scenario, just a scrapped chassis that has a lid in in good shape. Mesa no longer makes the lid for the older model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please reach out to me if you know of one or a good resource.

Thank you,

Kris
    Welcome to the Forum! I have this same Simul Class 2:90 amp with a good cover. While I won't part with the cover, what I could do would be to come up with a drawing of the cover for you. The amp is at the bottom of a stack of gear in the shop at the moment, so I can't pull it out right now to have a look at it. After going on line to find some images of the amp front & rear, getting someone to fold you one doesn't look too difficult. As the cooling fan is mounted to the left-rear side, it looks like there's a notch in the side of that cover to clear the fan mtg hardware. That seems like the only hitch in the metal work for an outside shop to cut and fold one for ya. If they have to program it in order to punch the screw holes prior to bending, as well as the notch to clear the fan hardware, the cost goes up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front-top view-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	853516 Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Left Side View-1.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	853517 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear View-3.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	853518 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear View-4.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	853519

I gather you can't pound out the damage on your cover to straighten it, sand it down and re-paint it? I somehow think you'll have a hard time finding a scrapped chassis outside of what boneyard Mesa or any of their long-time employee's would have.

Out of curiosity, does your amp motorboat (LF Oscillation), in the neighborhood of 13Hz?
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I will definitely consider having a new cover made if I can't find one. My repair guy is going to try his best to hammer the thing out smooth. I haven't used the amp much yet, just got it, so I can't comment on the LF oscillation question yet :-) 13hz though...way down there. Do you play for elephants? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by krispenhartung View Post
        I will definitely consider having a new cover made if I can't find one. My repair guy is going to try his best to hammer the thing out smooth. I haven't used the amp much yet, just got it, so I can't comment on the LF oscillation question yet :-) 13hz though...way down there. Do you play for elephants? LOL
        What you hear is a big trash truck rumbling down the back alley, look around to find there isn't one, and then discover you're hearing the harmonics of this LF oscillation. Mesa has that feature on their Dual and Triple Rectifier amp heads too. I've yet to take the time to find WHAT is causing it. Getting the PCB out of this amp looks like no fun at all! It's subtle.....not in your face loud or anything, but just irritating that they left that 'feature' in the design!
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
        X