What the heck is going on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is going on here?

Ok i'm not the smartest guy in the world but I am having something weird going on.

On my bobbins, singles or hums " i was trying a new wind out, thats why the warpage" But why the hell is the bobbin warping on just 1 end? No difference in setup at all. Do it the same way as always....Only difference is the tension is a little more than I usually use but one would think it would do it on both ends right?????

Anyone else here run into this? Later dudes

Aww Cmon, no one? Well I feel even more like a dummy than before..

Comment

Your magnets should be just a touch bigger than the holes in your bobbins. This means that when you press the magnets into the bobbin the magnet will not always be 100% straight. This will stretch or tear your forbon just a little too much leaving you with a slightly oversized hole. The oversized hole makes it so the bobbin isn't held down as firmly which makes it more likely to warp.

Comment

You're probably at that point of just a little too much tension. A little more could warp both sides, a little less may not warp at all.

Comment

Originally posted by corduroyew View Post
          Your magnets should be just a touch bigger than the holes in your bobbins. This means that when you press the magnets into the bobbin the magnet will not always be 100% straight. This will stretch or tear your forbon just a little too much leaving you with a slightly oversized hole. The oversized hole makes it so the bobbin isn't held down as firmly which makes it more likely to warp.
          How much smaller should your holes be, compared to your magnets? I've only done single coil kits before, so the flat work is already drilled.

Comment

I drill a 4.7mm hole for a 5mm magnet, but all the really matter is that the magnet is bigger than the hole. If the hole is 4.9mm and your magnet is 5mm then as long as you punch the magnet in straight it'll be tight enough. If your holes are the same size as the magnets then there won't be any tension to hold things in place.

Comment

Working...
            X