No announcement yet.

TDA7294 AMP Thermal cut out. HARTKE AC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I致e isolated it to a rising voltage on the input to Q4 base. Rising from 0 to .620v where Q4 turns on and mutes.
    I gotta say I知 not getting why. Hopefully I知 just a dumbarse and it痴 captain obvious that I知 not seeing but I知 not seeing why. No diff to input from the phone sense. It stays at 0v. So it痴 obv c86 or D23 or is it Q4? I値l shotgun replace them tomorrow arvo but would love to understand better. Cheers Gav
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    ------------------
    Tone, its in your fingers mate!!

Comment

I知 not seeing but I知 not seeing why. No diff to input from the phone sense.
      We canエt see it either because YOU HAVE NOT POSTED THE FULL SCHEMATIC AS ASKED TO SO WE CAN NOT SEE THE PHONE SENSE ACTIVATOR.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Ok sorry, no need to yell at me! Lol. Sound like my ex wife. 😆(I posted the relevant schematic previously).
        The phone sense input stays at 0v when the fault is active. (Unless phone jack inserted) The 15v rail stays steady.

Click image for larger version

Name:	38FD83E7-6157-497C-971C-6219004EC955.png
Views:	1
Size:	823.0 KB
ID:	853618
        Click image for larger version

Name:	4D61F421-C438-4491-A598-8CD45B08B8A8.png
Views:	1
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	853619
        Cheers,
        Gavin
        ------------------

Comment

Can you post the actual file rather than what looks to be a screen shot please?
          Last edited by nickb; 04-10-2019, 09:41 PM.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

OK, so the phone jack thing stays grounded, the only other path for the voltage is through R149, which points to the cap and diode. Yes or the transistor itself. So replace the two small parts and see.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy007 View Post
              Ok sorry, no need to yell at me! Lol. Sound like my ex wife. ��(I posted the relevant schematic previously).
              The phone sense input stays at 0v when the fault is active. (Unless phone jack inserted) The 15v rail stays steady.
              Well, I *still* donエt see it.
              *Still* donエt see the full schematic.
              *Still* donエt know whatエs at the other end of JP16
              Geting data from you, to help you, is like pulling teeth.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

ACR5 schematic_V1.5 - 2016 1122.pdf
                Hope this works. Sorry I thought the screenshots were ok. (Hard to figure out via the iPad)
                I致e unplugged the phone jack and confirmed that line stays at zero.
                I will change the 3 sus components this arvo, no probs. Wondering why, how/why this part was of the circuit is slowly building voltage.
                Cheers. Much Appreciate all the help.
                Cheers,
                Gavin
                ------------------

Comment

Traced the fault to D23 in the mute cct. Removed it tests ok but in circuit it was allowing the 3 second start up mute circuit voltage to to slowly rise and bias on Q4. A lot of lessons learnt. Thank you all for your help! Cheers Gav.
                  Cheers,
                  Gavin
                  ------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X