Thread: Baldwin C-400 Organ

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0

Baldwin C-400 Organ

This might be a long shot but what the hell......Anybody here on this forum have any service info on the Baldwin C-400 Church organ...a three manual organ with three expression pedals.....I have posted on the organ forum but no luck.....thought I might get lucky here....I only need the power supply and output amp schematics....the output uses Hybrid modules STK086.....Thanks in advance for any help I can get....
    Cheers

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    Quote Originally Posted by bsco View Post
    This might be a long shot but what the hell......Anybody here on this forum have any service info on the Baldwin C-400 Church organ...a three manual organ with three expression pedals.....I have posted on the organ forum but no luck.....thought I might get lucky here....I only need the power supply and output amp schematics....the output uses Hybrid modules STK086.....Thanks in advance for any help I can get....
    Cheers
    For $10 you can go wrong here.http://celedoniaorgan.netfirms.com/c...dex&cPath=1_88
    Not knowing your exact problem , maybe this will help
    http://www.electronica.ro/audio/STK086.shtml

nosaj

Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    For $10 you can go wrong here.http://celedoniaorgan.netfirms.com/c...dex&cPath=1_88

nosaj
    Thank you very much......I'll check that site to see if they ship to Canada....
    Cheers

Thumbs Up/Down

nosaj
    Ok. Checked it out and they had one..It is on the way.....Thank you very much.....
    Cheers,

Thumbs Up/Down
    I received the manual and after checking out caps etc, (some were high ESR).....I narrowed down the problem to one of the STK086 modules......now the task of finding a couple....anybody here have any kicking around that they are willing to sell???
    Cheers

Thumbs Up/Down
    I received the manual and after checking out caps etc, (some were high ESR).....I narrowed down the problem to one of the STK086 modules......now the task of finding a couple....anybody here have any kicking around that they are willing to sell???
    Cheers
    I may have 2 taken from a working Electone. I will check and followup with you.

nosaj

Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Thumbs Up/Down
    I may have 2 taken from a working Electone. I will check and followup with you.

nosaj
    Well I have an STK-80 and 2 STK-085 modules. Have you considered popping it open?
    Here's one
    https://www.ebay.com/p/NOS-STK086-SA...-IC/1500247847
    https://www.google.com/search?q=stk-...w=1366&bih=662
    nosaj

Thumbs Up/Down
    Well I have an STK-80 and 2 STK-085 modules. Have you considered popping it open?
    Here's one
    https://www.ebay.com/p/NOS-STK086-SA...-IC/1500247847
    https://www.google.com/search?q=stk-...w=1366&bih=662
    nosaj
    OK. Thank you for your reply.....The 085 will work...This is in the cusdtomer's home.......they bought it from a guy who used to repair church organs years ago....P.M. me with the price and payment arrangements.....I have purchased parts from another person here on the site and paid by a money order in U.S. funds....
    Cheers

Thumbs Up/Down
    Hi nosaj....Bernie here...I did contact you awhile back by PM so I thought I would post here...The modules worked out great...I let the owner run the organ for a few days...no issues...he was very happy indeed.....and it has been running for almost a month now.....checked with him the other day and everything is fine......I just wanted to thank you for your help........
    Cheers

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Hi nosaj....Bernie here...I did contact you awhile back by PM so I thought I would post here...The modules worked out great...I let the owner run the organ for a few days...no issues...he was very happy indeed.....and it has been running for almost a month now.....checked with him the other day and everything is fine......I just wanted to thank you for your help........
    Cheers
    Good deal, I knew one day someone might need them. For some time I was collecting all the organs in my area people were getting rid of and deconstructing them.. Boo to the naysayers it was me or the dump and at least I got some useful things.
    Also since you got the book what is your opinion on it? I definately don't think it was worth what somepeople were selling it for.

nosaj

Thumbs Up/Down
    Good deal, I knew one day someone might need them. For some time I was collecting all the organs in my area people were getting rid of and deconstructing them.. Boo to the naysayers it was me or the dump and at least I got some useful things.
    Also since you got the book what is your opinion on it? I definately don't think it was worth what somepeople were selling it for.

nosaj
    The book was a bit disappointing to be quite honest but there is some good stuff in there......the owner of the organ is extremely happy that I was able to get it working for him......So if I read your post correctly, you have parts for organs...different brands and models??.......I am getting calls from all the churches as they need organs repaired.....and there are no parts around here anywhere.....is it ok for me to contact you in the future regarding parts??? (another problem is trying to find service data especially on the transistor /IC models...) It will probably be sooner than later as I have 2 or 3 to look at now...Trying to set up a trip out of town as they are a couple hours away.....once again thank you for all your help......
    Cheers

Thumbs Up/Down
    The book was a bit disappointing to be quite honest but there is some good stuff in there......the owner of the organ is extremely happy that I was able to get it working for him......So if I read your post correctly, you have parts for organs...different brands and models??.......I am getting calls from all the churches as they need organs repaired.....and there are no parts around here anywhere.....is it ok for me to contact you in the future regarding parts??? (another problem is trying to find service data especially on the transistor /IC models...) It will probably be sooner than later as I have 2 or 3 to look at now...Trying to set up a trip out of town as they are a couple hours away.....once again thank you for all your help......
    Cheers
    Some things I do.
    Glad it worked out.
    Nosaj

Thread Information