Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Baldwin C-400 Organ

  1. #1
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9

    Baldwin C-400 Organ

    This might be a long shot but what the hell......Anybody here on this forum have any service info on the Baldwin C-400 Church organ...a three manual organ with three expression pedals.....I have posted on the organ forum but no luck.....thought I might get lucky here....I only need the power supply and output amp schematics....the output uses Hybrid modules STK086.....Thanks in advance for any help I can get....
    Cheers

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,213
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bsco View Post
    This might be a long shot but what the hell......Anybody here on this forum have any service info on the Baldwin C-400 Church organ...a three manual organ with three expression pedals.....I have posted on the organ forum but no luck.....thought I might get lucky here....I only need the power supply and output amp schematics....the output uses Hybrid modules STK086.....Thanks in advance for any help I can get....
    Cheers
    For $10 you can go wrong here.http://celedoniaorgan.netfirms.com/c...dex&cPath=1_88
    Not knowing your exact problem , maybe this will help
    http://www.electronica.ro/audio/STK086.shtml

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    For $10 you can go wrong here.http://celedoniaorgan.netfirms.com/c...dex&cPath=1_88
    Not knowing your exact problem , maybe this will help
    http://www.electronica.ro/audio/STK086.shtml

    nosaj
    Thank you very much......I'll check that site to see if they ship to Canada....
    Cheers

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    For $10 you can go wrong here.http://celedoniaorgan.netfirms.com/c...dex&cPath=1_88
    Not knowing your exact problem , maybe this will help
    http://www.electronica.ro/audio/STK086.shtml

    nosaj
    Ok. Checked it out and they had one..It is on the way.....Thank you very much.....
    Cheers,

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9
    I received the manual and after checking out caps etc, (some were high ESR).....I narrowed down the problem to one of the STK086 modules......now the task of finding a couple....anybody here have any kicking around that they are willing to sell???
    Cheers

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,213
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bsco View Post
    I received the manual and after checking out caps etc, (some were high ESR).....I narrowed down the problem to one of the STK086 modules......now the task of finding a couple....anybody here have any kicking around that they are willing to sell???
    Cheers
    I may have 2 taken from a working Electone. I will check and followup with you.

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  7. #7
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,213
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    I may have 2 taken from a working Electone. I will check and followup with you.

    nosaj
    Well I have an STK-80 and 2 STK-085 modules. Have you considered popping it open?
    Here's one
    https://www.ebay.com/p/NOS-STK086-SA...-IC/1500247847
    https://www.google.com/search?q=stk-...w=1366&bih=662
    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Well I have an STK-80 and 2 STK-085 modules. Have you considered popping it open?
    Here's one
    https://www.ebay.com/p/NOS-STK086-SA...-IC/1500247847
    https://www.google.com/search?q=stk-...w=1366&bih=662
    nosaj
    OK. Thank you for your reply.....The 085 will work...This is in the cusdtomer's home.......they bought it from a guy who used to repair church organs years ago....P.M. me with the price and payment arrangements.....I have purchased parts from another person here on the site and paid by a money order in U.S. funds....
    Cheers

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9
    Hi nosaj....Bernie here...I did contact you awhile back by PM so I thought I would post here...The modules worked out great...I let the owner run the organ for a few days...no issues...he was very happy indeed.....and it has been running for almost a month now.....checked with him the other day and everything is fine......I just wanted to thank you for your help........
    Cheers

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,213
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bsco View Post
    Hi nosaj....Bernie here...I did contact you awhile back by PM so I thought I would post here...The modules worked out great...I let the owner run the organ for a few days...no issues...he was very happy indeed.....and it has been running for almost a month now.....checked with him the other day and everything is fine......I just wanted to thank you for your help........
    Cheers
    Good deal, I knew one day someone might need them. For some time I was collecting all the organs in my area people were getting rid of and deconstructing them.. Boo to the naysayers it was me or the dump and at least I got some useful things.
    Also since you got the book what is your opinion on it? I definately don't think it was worth what somepeople were selling it for.

    nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  11. #11
    Supporting Member bsco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    1,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/0
    Given: 142/0
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    Good deal, I knew one day someone might need them. For some time I was collecting all the organs in my area people were getting rid of and deconstructing them.. Boo to the naysayers it was me or the dump and at least I got some useful things.
    Also since you got the book what is your opinion on it? I definately don't think it was worth what somepeople were selling it for.

    nosaj
    The book was a bit disappointing to be quite honest but there is some good stuff in there......the owner of the organ is extremely happy that I was able to get it working for him......So if I read your post correctly, you have parts for organs...different brands and models??.......I am getting calls from all the churches as they need organs repaired.....and there are no parts around here anywhere.....is it ok for me to contact you in the future regarding parts??? (another problem is trying to find service data especially on the transistor /IC models...) It will probably be sooner than later as I have 2 or 3 to look at now...Trying to set up a trip out of town as they are a couple hours away.....once again thank you for all your help......
    Cheers

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,213
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/102
    Given: 146/35
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bsco View Post
    The book was a bit disappointing to be quite honest but there is some good stuff in there......the owner of the organ is extremely happy that I was able to get it working for him......So if I read your post correctly, you have parts for organs...different brands and models??.......I am getting calls from all the churches as they need organs repaired.....and there are no parts around here anywhere.....is it ok for me to contact you in the future regarding parts??? (another problem is trying to find service data especially on the transistor /IC models...) It will probably be sooner than later as I have 2 or 3 to look at now...Trying to set up a trip out of town as they are a couple hours away.....once again thank you for all your help......
    Cheers
    Some things I do.
    Glad it worked out.
    Nosaj

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 04:20 AM
  2. Baldwin organ tube amp
    By baddog in forum Conversion Projects
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-24-2015, 04:11 AM
  3. Baldwin organ service
    By tonepumpamps in forum Music Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 06:30 PM
  4. Baldwin organ at Goodwill in Indy $149
    By Don Moose in forum Music Electronics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 03:43 PM
  5. baldwin organ amp to guitar amp conversion
    By rochotte in forum Conversion Projects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 03:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •