Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Princeton Reissue - Drip Edge

Hi All,

I'm looking for a schematic/parts layout for the Fender Princeton Reverb - Reissue but a newer version with the drip edge.

I have a schematic of the Rev C version (March 2008) for this amp but this newer Drip Edge version has several changed parts from the Rev C schematic and I'm wondering if there is a later revision schematic available and also if anyone has or knows where I can get this said schematic.

I've had my head inside several of these amps and they keep on adding more and more upgrades; to my eyes it looks mainly for reliability but I applaud Fender as some of their earlier reissues had their 'issues'.

Cheers,

Bob M.

You want the Custom 68 Princeton Reverb. Fender should have it on their site; I'd post it but I've only got a phone. Just to be clear, these are not reissues of any previous Fender circuit in the way the 59 Bassman or 65 Reissues are.

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Yes, Fender in their wisdom, treats this 'drip edge' version as a different amp from the blackface reissue Princeton Reverb and it has it's own designation - '68 Custom Princeton Reverb. The muskier-board has the Rev C version schematic/parts layout of this amp (October 2013) which is much closer but not exact, to the one I have on my bench now.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Comment

While we're on the subject of the Custom '68 Princeton Reverb, I'd like ask why do you think Fender did this:

A 18K resistor (R34) was added to the tone stack, from the bottom of the bass pot (left side) to the junction of C23 (.022uf) and R52 (6.8K). This would increase the resistance of this bass pot from the previous 0 ohms to 250K ohms to now, 18K ohms to 268K ohms, actually very little change. It seems Fender engineers wanted to keep two of the tone stack caps C24 (.1uf) and C23 (.022uf) from being in parallel when the bass pot was adjusted to its zero ohms position. These two caps in parallel would be .12uf and would change the tone stack frequencies a little but not very much. But what was Fender's reasoning for adding this resistor? Anyone care to speculate?

If this thread has drifted too far from a schematic request, could the administrator please move this to the appropriate forum, thank you.

Cheers,
        Bob M.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob M. View Post
          A 18K resistor (R34) was added to the tone stack, from the bottom of the bass pot (left side) to the junction of C23 (.022uf) and R52 (6.8K). This would increase the resistance of this bass pot from the previous 0 ohms to 250K ohms to now, 18K ohms to 268K ohms, actually very little change.
          I think it should be same as Custom Deluxe mods as described here:
          https://robrobinette.com/AB763_Modif...everb_(68_CDR)
          Last edited by g1; 04-12-2019, 08:16 PM.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Looks to me like they wanted to limit how far down one can turn the bass control. I doubt they worried about parallel caps, since those caps wind up in parallel on a zillion other amps. Just a little voicing change to differentiate the channels.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X