No announcement yet.

SCN Bridge Pickup faulty from the factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before ditching it, you could do some simple practical tests, it could take as little as a piece of tape to fix.
    Take off the cover and expose as much of the pickup as possible(if you can get to the coil tape remove carefully) . Have a good look around and see if you can see a sort somewhere. If no luck, then connect it directly to a jack and plug it into an amp (not too loud), with one hand tap the pickup with a small screwdriver to hear a signal, while doing that have a good poke around all over the pickup and try to find a point where it's breaking or making the short.
    You might have no luck, but you might find a simple short that can be cleaned or insulated. Worth a go.

Comment

Originally posted by jop120 View Post
      Before ditching it, you could do some simple practical tests, it could take as little as a piece of tape to fix.
      Take off the cover and expose as much of the pickup as possible(if you can get to the coil tape remove carefully) . Have a good look around and see if you can see a sort somewhere. If no luck, then connect it directly to a jack and plug it into an amp (not too loud), with one hand tap the pickup with a small screwdriver to hear a signal, while doing that have a good poke around all over the pickup and try to find a point where it's breaking or making the short.
      You might have no luck, but you might find a simple short that can be cleaned or insulated. Worth a go.
      I have a look at it, I'll need to find a better magnifying glass first at a hobby shop. They are not wrapped in any tape, just bare coils.

GP

Comment

Apologies if this is a double post (Or if I accidentally sent someone a message), I'm new to the forum.
        I recently had an SCN apart and found these drawings from Bill very helpful.
        http://www.billlawrence.com/Pages/Al...tm/Patent2.htm

Comment

Thank you, Gonzo id.

Comment

Working...
          X