Line 6 Echo Park dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Echo Park dead

This thing is completely dead. No LED or any signs of life. I've tried it with a battery and my 9 volt DC bench power supply. Does anyone have any experience with these and this issue? The boards look to be in great shape, no hot spots or bulging caps.

You need to trouble shoot it like anything else. Get a DC volt meter or multimeter and follow the power source into the unit. Most pedals switch the ground at the input jack. If it has had reverse polarity applied to it.. it may have a shorted “crowbar” protection diode. Or it could be something else like a clock crystal. It’s a digital pedal. But start with the power supply.

Comment

Found the hardware guide. Will continue to troubleshoot.
      Last edited by tdlunsfo; 04-17-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

The ToneCore modules are intended to be usable in any of the Line 6 "docks". I would suggest trying to find someone in your area who also has one of the Tonecore series of pedals. Doesn't matter if its mono or stereo. Loosen the screws on the rear skirt of the pedal, press the "magic button" and pop the module out. Stick it in the other dock and you'll find out if the problem is located in your dock, or in the module itself, or both.

That test aside, 2.1mm jacks can sometimes "fail" because the contacts have moved a smidgen. I have almost all the Tonecore series, and sometimes I have to "jiggle" the power plug to push it to the side and engage external power.

Comment

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately I have the same issue regardless if I use battery or power supply. I quickly loss DC power much past the Q1. I did educate myself on the docks and in fact found one for sale at GC for $20. I plant to return this pedal back to the customer free of charge and tell them to try another dock and maybe purchase the one for sale if the module is good. They would be money ahead instead of paying me to troubleshoot.

Comment

Eminently sensible. And if that dock disappears before they get to it, just buy any Tonecore pedal and stick the module in that dock. Two pedals for the price of one!

Comment

Working...
            X