D.A.S. E-12 Power Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.A.S. E-12 Power Amp

I wonder if somebody has schematics for this one??? I couldn't find anything on it....one channel out......for what it is worth, somebody who does sound had some power amps that were not working properly and instead of getting them fixed, he gave them to me......I am not very familiar with power amps so I took these to sort of get familiar with them and I don't want to see these go to the landfill.....he also gave me three Peavey CS800's and I have documentation on those.....and between the three I should be able to get two of them going......Thanks in advance for any help.....
    Cheers

Originally posted by bsco View Post
    I wonder if somebody has schematics for this one??? I couldn't find anything on it....one channel out......for what it is worth, somebody who does sound had some power amps that were not working properly and instead of getting them fixed, he gave them to me......I am not very familiar with power amps so I took these to sort of get familiar with them and I don't want to see these go to the landfill.....he also gave me three Peavey CS800's and I have documentation on those.....and between the three I should be able to get two of them going......Thanks in advance for any help.....
    Cheers
    I've never heard of D.A.S, but saw & downloaded their Operations manual for it, just to have a quick look. With one channel out, and assuming each channel is built on their own heat sink assembly, based on the dual fans, if you can disconnect the supplies from the channel that's out, you at least have a road map physically. Like so many of us who don't let absence of documentation from stopping us when motivated, there often is enough common inside to other power amps we've all seen. It is the bigger of the two in this series.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

You might try contacting them directly. That series is discontinued, so I can't imagine they'd have any qualms about giving out the info. Tech support info is at the bottom of this page.

https://www.dasaudio.com/en/de/d-a-s-usa-canada-en/
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
        I've never heard of D.A.S, but saw & downloaded their Operations manual for it, just to have a quick look. With one channel out, and assuming each channel is built on their own heat sink assembly, based on the dual fans, if you can disconnect the supplies from the channel that's out, you at least have a road map physically. Like so many of us who don't let absence of documentation from stopping us when motivated, there often is enough common inside to other power amps we've all seen. It is the bigger of the two in this series.
        Thanks for that info...Just sent the company an email...
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          You might try contacting them directly. That series is discontinued, so I can't imagine they'd have any qualms about giving out the info. Tech support info is at the bottom of this page.

Just sent them an email.....I'll let you know if they will release it....
          Cheers

Comment

FWIW DAS is "Spanish JBL" for all practical means, except ownership.

Spain had a basically "closed Customs borders" policy for some 40 years , which *strongly* boosted its Industry.

You want anything? ... "buy Spanish". Period.

So when Theater owners wanted Altec or JBL stuff, they had to buy the Spanish version instead.

Which ended up being VERY good, so good that when JBL started declining , many US buyers started buying DAS instead, which were older models "which JBL should have kept producing".

Of course, with Globalization Spain now has 25% unemployment and very little Industry left.

But what are facts compared to endless propaganda?
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yep, that ^^^^. Their diaphragms are even interchangeable with many JBL models.

Comment

Emailed them and they sent me a copy.....hopefully over the next couple of weeks I will be able to strip one of these down,(I have two of them), and see if I can get these to work....thanks for the link.....
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  FWIW DAS is "Spanish JBL" for all practical means, except ownership.

Spain had a basically "closed Customs borders" policy for some 40 years , which *strongly* boosted its Industry.

You want anything? ... "buy Spanish". Period.

So when Theater owners wanted Altec or JBL stuff, they had to buy the Spanish version instead.

Which ended up being VERY good, so good that when JBL started declining , many US buyers started buying DAS instead, which were older models "which JBL should have kept producing".

Of course, with Globalization Spain now has 25% unemployment and very little Industry left.
                  But what are facts compared to endless propaganda?
                  Nice info..Tried to give you a thumbs up there and the icons disappeared.....

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                    Nice info..Tried to give you a thumbs up there and the icons disappeared.....
                    Thanks.

Of course, Big Brother is watching constantly and does not want anybody talking against Globalization
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Try to upload schematic whenever possible.
                      DAS speaker components are close copies of old JBL stuff, not sure about Electronics though.
                      Thanks.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                        Try to upload schematic whenever possible.
                        DAS speaker components are close copies of old JBL stuff, not sure about Electronics though.
                        Thanks.
                        Ok. Here you go....Let me know if this worked.........E-12.zipE-12.zip

Comment

Yep. It worked and thanks!

Comment

Yep. It worked and thanks!
                            OK then...Once I get inside one of these I'll post my findings...should be in another couple of weeks.....(.family illness.)......

Comment

Working...
                            X