Lab Gruppen FP14000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Gruppen FP14000

Hi, anybody having sm for labgruppen fp14000 4 channel amp want to share it.I am stuck up with burnt board problem.thanks

Originally posted by Rajan Paliwale View Post
    Hi, anybody having sm for labgruppen fp14000 4 channel amp want to share it.I am stuck up with burnt board problem.thanks
    While I don't have the FP 14000 Service manual, I do have the FP 3400 Service manual, which should explain enough of the operating principals in their amazing technology inside such a small package. I had traveled to their factory in Sweden back in the late 90's, as BGW Systems had obtained a license to re-manufacture the 2000C, and make it easier to produce. I've always loved their basic concept. Provide a high current power supply system to run each power amp channel. Then, using extremely fast independent V+ & V- ramping supply voltage regulators, track the envelope of the audio at nearly 1MHz rate, and provide a touch more so the output stage always has enough voltage to handle the signal transients and envelope, while limiting the excess voltage above the signal peaks and the current power supply potential. There was never more than 10VDC across the output xstrs when there wasn't any signal. That eliminates all of the wasted heat that burns up output xstrs, and allows vastly smaller heat sink assemblies. They've been using welded copper radiator fin stock sandwiched atop the copper heat spreader to which the power devices mount. Each channel has it's own high voltage tracking regulators to run the output stage, while the front end can run at the higher supply potentials.

Brian Wachner, president of BGW, regrettably died of cancer during the product development phase of the remanufacturing of the 2000C, and it got shelved.

LAB_Gruppen_FP-3400_service_manual.pdf
    Last edited by nevetslab; 04-26-2019, 05:08 PM.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Not the FP14000, but maybe these are close enough
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X