Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 15 Schematic Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 15 Schematic Needed

I lost the notes I took of where the caps I removed go and the pictures I took aren’t clear enough

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aZPvqT8tJYMukUsZnz_6m1xPeaD0lPaf
    Last edited by Serviceville; 04-30-2019, 02:54 AM. Reason: Providing links to photos

Firstly, welcome to the place!

Not trying to be negative, but I think you might be hosed. Probably a made in China module. There's a good chance Cambridge themselves never had a schematic. At least that's the way a lot of the consumer stuff is these days. Given the predicament you're in at this point, I'd suggest measuring up the existing plate amp and check Parts Express to see if you can find something that will fit without too much modification. They have lots of plate amps at reasonable prices. Or, maybe even check eBay. They've got a selection, too. The literature says the amp was rated at 150W RMS, so look for something similar.

FWIW, it's a good idea to leave at least one lead of the bad parts soldered in until you get the new ones so that you know what goes where. Good luck!
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Agree, they even have subwoofer specific plate amps, including variable crossover, speaker/line level inputs, etc.
      And to boot, relatively inexpensive.
      And nowadays, as the Dude says, many brands such as Cambridge Soundworks (and many others) are just a stick on label, actual product is made by a large generic manufacturer (in China) and sold under various brands.

As a side note, I *think* you were trying to repair it by pulling all components, one by one,and measuring them to find a fault.

Sorry but that system does not work (we call it shotgunning), you have *hundreds* of components there and soldering/desoldering in general causes damage to the board and parts themselves.
      You end up not solving the problem, wasting a ton of time and even ruining the board.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Would you guys recommend finding the same subwoofer for $50-$100 used which would probably include the amp I need as long as an extra speaker or purchasing just a new amplifier plate for $130 or so? I assume you guys would recommend purchasing the new probably better quality amplifier plate?

Comment

IMO, a used sub has the potential to be another box of problems- dried out caps, cold solder joints, etc. I'd look for a new plate amp, but that's just my $.02.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
          X