Hagstom Bi-Sonic guitar pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagstom Bi-Sonic guitar pickups

Hi Everyone, so an old Hagstrom Futurama Coronado just landed on my bench for restoration. It's got the guitar version of the Bi-Sonic pickups, which I'm pretty excited to play with once fixed up, cause the more common Bass versions sound pretty cool.

One of the polepiece adjuster screws is missing and I'm trying to work out what the thread is. It's definitely not a regular size I'm gonna be able to go get from the hardware store, so was wondering if anyone might have some more info before I go about ordering boxes of screws to try and find the right one.

the major diameter is reading 2.24mm
    The pitch is measuring 0.4mm (20 threads measuring 8mm)

With those measurements it could be a metric M2.3-0.4 or a UNF #2 - 64

Does anyone know whether Sweden was using metric or imperial threads in the early 60's? or have a working knowledge of these pickups.

The guitar will be in the workshop for the next 3-4weeks as there's lots of work to be done on the guitar, so if anyone wants any measurements of pics of the pickups let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190430_163220.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.80 MB
ID:	874540Click image for larger version

Name:	20190430_163241.jpg
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	874541Click image for larger version

Name:	20190430_163255.jpg
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	874542

Could possibly be 8 BA, which is fairly obsolete but was once common on British-made electrical goods etc. so maybe worth a try.

Here's a chart: https://maccmodels.co.uk/batometric

Andy

Comment

I going to guess M2.2x.4 which is a pretty common laptop and small electronics screw. That said I doubt you'll ever find one that long so I'd get a split die and cut down a metric humbucker screw that's M2.5x.4

Comment

Working...
      X