Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for 3-prong "Courtesy Plug" outlets? (pic attached)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite is the guy who asks "what's it for ?".
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
      My favorite is the guy who asks "what's it for ?".
      Plug your amp in there, makes your amp a perpetual power machine.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I charge my phone there...

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Good place for pedal supply since most pedals use ungrounded walwarts anyway. No need to worry about a grounded outlet if that's the case.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Despite my wise guy answer a couple posts back, what I tell people is "don't plug your hair dryer or spot light in there. Low current stuff like pedalboard power supply or a small fan, OK." So far haven't seen any melted wiring, in spite of the skinny hookup wire Fender used to use around these outlets sometimes.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
              Plug your amp in there, makes your amp a perpetual power machine.

Ya.... but you have to strum really hard.... and constantly.... to get the amp to light up...
              If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
              I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Originally posted by galaxiex View Post
                Ya.... but you have to strum really hard.... and constantly.... to get the amp to light up...
                That's why they called the Pete Townsend thing 'windmills'. They're not just for pumping water dontcha know.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                X