• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Tensioner

I wanted a second ME484 tensioner but couldn't find anything in
    a) Good condition and
    b) reasonably priced
    so I bit the bullet and figured I'd try one of the cheap Chinese units from eBay. It's been about 6 months and I have to say, I really like the thing! I still use my 483/484 on the one machine but I now use this on my Geo 38 AML and have no plan to replace it any time soon. The documentation was crap so it was some trial and error to get it strung up right, but now that it's dialed in I can wind all day without any hiccups in tension control or binding.

Here's the link to the one I use. They have a bunch of them for different wire gauge but I'm really only ever in the 40-44AWG range so this fits the bill.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Coil-Winding...r/264020002744

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	874553
    Sigil Pickups ~ Stunt Monkey Pedals

Thanks very much for the sharing your feedback! I just ordered one ..
    The equivalent from a UK supplier would run £350 or so.
    Going to have to figure out how to mount it to "something". Probably use an old IKEA floor lamp base or something.
    Just wondering: any chance of an action shot so I can see how you've rigged it up

Comment

Originally posted by 22uf View Post
      Thanks very much for the sharing your feedback! I just ordered one ..
      The equivalent from a UK supplier would run £350 or so.
      Going to have to figure out how to mount it to "something". Probably use an old IKEA floor lamp base or something.
      Just wondering: any chance of an action shot so I can see how you've rigged it up
      I think if you check out the tanac website you should find instuctions for the originals which I assume the chinese copied.
      Cheers
      Andrew

addon They are made by TNK now

Comment

Working...
      X