Thread: Guitar Amp fluctuating on certain notes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Question Guitar Amp fluctuating on certain notes

Recently I was experimenting and had a little too much fun with the feedback, not noticing how loud i was actually playing my amp started giving up and began fluctuating. I noticed after a couple of minutes and turned my settings down to study what had happen, now what i've noticed it works perfectly fine when turned down to about Volume 3 without any distortion; turning up the volume a little more when i hit D bass note on the 10th fret down it starts to cut in and out :( I have a Fender Deluxe 90 DSP Combo amp and a Fender 2004 Stratocaster, I've tried to wait a few days to give it a break LOL didn't do much for long as my amp began to become overwhelmed and kept cutting off on me in and out. The best way i could describe it is when you just hammer on it sounds like the note is on repeat rapidly, kinda like a psychedelic effect or pedal :confused::confused: I could post a video but I am unsure on how i can do that on here, if it's not possible I'll post it on youtube when i get home. Any questions or answers will be greatly appreciated as i am debating whether or not to save this babe or to move on over to another lover :D

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 287/0
    Given: 30/1
    The first thing you do with ANY DSP amp with ANY problem is do a FACTORY RESET. It should be in the owner’s manual and usually involves holding down 3 different buttons while powering the unit up. If that does not resolve the problem, since the issue occurred after high volume use with distortion.. I would suspect a damaged speaker. Try plugging in another speaker for test.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,811/7
    Given: 0/0
    Some connection is loose. The physical system resonates at some note so the vibration is strongest there. It causes the connection to intermit.

I'd use a rubber mallet - or my fist - to bang on the chassis to search. Also use a wooden chopstick to probe parts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thread Information