Guitar Amp fluctuating on certain notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Amp fluctuating on certain notes

Recently I was experimenting and had a little too much fun with the feedback, not noticing how loud i was actually playing my amp started giving up and began fluctuating. I noticed after a couple of minutes and turned my settings down to study what had happen, now what i've noticed it works perfectly fine when turned down to about Volume 3 without any distortion; turning up the volume a little more when i hit D bass note on the 10th fret down it starts to cut in and out I have a Fender Deluxe 90 DSP Combo amp and a Fender 2004 Stratocaster, I've tried to wait a few days to give it a break LOL didn't do much for long as my amp began to become overwhelmed and kept cutting off on me in and out. The best way i could describe it is when you just hammer on it sounds like the note is on repeat rapidly, kinda like a psychedelic effect or pedal I could post a video but I am unsure on how i can do that on here, if it's not possible I'll post it on youtube when i get home. Any questions or answers will be greatly appreciated as i am debating whether or not to save this babe or to move on over to another lover

The first thing you do with ANY DSP amp with ANY problem is do a FACTORY RESET. It should be in the owner’s manual and usually involves holding down 3 different buttons while powering the unit up. If that does not resolve the problem, since the issue occurred after high volume use with distortion.. I would suspect a damaged speaker. Try plugging in another speaker for test.

Comment

Some connection is loose. The physical system resonates at some note so the vibration is strongest there. It causes the connection to intermit.

I'd use a rubber mallet - or my fist - to bang on the chassis to search. Also use a wooden chopstick to probe parts.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X