Mesa Boogie Mark 5 : Twenty Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Mark 5 : Twenty Five

Anybody have a schematic for one of these? It's the compact little 2xEL84 head from 2017 in my case and with some strange signal problem that means it is outputting virtually nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mikeydee77 View Post
    Anybody have a schematic for one of these? It's the compact little 2xEL84 head from 2017 in my case and with some strange signal problem that means it is outputting virtually nothing.

Thanks in advance.
    try using the loop in and out to determine if the problem is the preamp or poweramp

Comment

I never have any luck tracking down modern schematics from the likes of Mesa. And Mesa schematics are prone to errors anyway (intentional or otherwise). I've read that Mesa isn't as accommodating as they use to be, but they use to be very accommodating. If normal maintenance things like cleaning contacts doesn't help you should call Mesa. It there's an inherent flaw that causes signal dropout with any regularity they'll know about it and likely tell you how to solve for it.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hi yes it is between effects return and PI grid. I suspect it is going to be a weird boogie thing like a pcb trace touching a resistor body. They seem to hunt me down.

Comment

Hi Chuck I have requedted schematic from MB. I have had helpful info from them before but I think it is all down who handles your call or mail.

Comment

Is this different from the Express 5:25 ?
            https://music-electronics-forum.com/...2&d=1370648942
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X